THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered a Mini from Amber on Friday morn. Felt like I was visiting a celebrity...ha! Picked up a t-shirt, put my money down, and went on my way.

Gonna be a long 8 weeks.
Just got my fab notification on my Mini (bells and whistles too). It was six weeks to the day since order. Can't wait!

Just got my fab notification on my Mini (bells and whistles too). It was six weeks to the day since order. Can't wait!

That is excellent! Forward progress is a good thing. My Mini had a few bells and whistles too, and should be a few weeks behind yours.

New to the Club!

Sorry for the long post, for you millennials - TL/DR: I’m to the Brethren (first post!), just ordered a Large LSG ICS, super excited, love this thread, Chris/Amber kick a$$, I have a few questions below, but you don’t need to read the rest unless you’re bored, YAY!

Hi Folks, I’m new to the forum, but placed my order for the Large on 3/15 and am now anxiously waiting the 8 week quoted lead time. I’ve had a wonderful relationship with my 22 inch WSM for years. She’s helped me gain many delicious pounds. As many others have mentioned, capacity and ability to cook in sub 30 degree temps ultimately caused my eye to stray.

~3 years ago, I stumbled upon a similar design to my beloved WSM in the cabinet style smokers and quickly latched onto LSG. I have been periodically researching ever since. In a way, I am happy that I did not come across this thread three years ago as it would have tortured me to read about all of you pulling the trigger while I sat on the sidelines!

Reading through the posts here have validated my purchase 10-fold and also provided me a number of ideas for modifications that I will address with Chris. Thank you to the many contributors! Sad to see that posts are less and less frequent over the last 6 months or so…

I will echo what many others have said. Chris has been great to work with. I’ve been to the shop twice and both times Chris carved out time to answer all my questions and show me around his shop. He has also been very responsive to all email questions. He maintains a strong customer focus and is a true master of his craft. I haven’t interacted directly with Amber, but I’m sure she’s great too!

The build quality is VERY impressive. The ‘tank’ comparison so frequently used in this thread is very well deserved.

I have eagerly/faithfully read through all pages of the thread, and wanted to pose a few questions that might lead me to modify my order a bit before construction begins. I appreciate any feedback anyone has!

- I got the 8 inch casters. The offroad tires are a bit much for me, but I see that some of you went with 10 inch Flat free tires. How have those held up? Do they sell those with a locking feature?
- Has anyone done custom paint? I was considering getting it painted Aggie Maroon, but my wife talked me out of it. Would love to see a pic if anyone has done the painting. I’m worried that the Texas sun would cause my beloved maroon to fade to a not so appealing pink…
- I’ve seen a couple people complain about magnets leaving marks on the smoker. Does anyone else use magnets to either decorate or hang things? If so, do they damage the smoker?
- On the decoration topic, anyone got any other cool ideas? I saw someone put a bottle opener on it, which looked pretty cool.
- I see one post that mentions a drip rail and rain cap. Are those available upgrades? I haven’t see them anywhere.

Thanks,
Josh

I am going to pick up my Mini first thing tomorrow morning. Very excited! I think it was exactly 9 weeks wait.

Competition cart
Tie downs
Sausage hangars
Extra rails
Viper red paint job (all of my toys are bright red)
Heat deflector
T plates

Cant wait to fire this thing up!

I am going to pick up my Mini first thing tomorrow morning. Very excited! I think it was exactly 9 weeks wait.

Competition cart

Tie downs

Sausage hangars

Extra rails

Viper red paint job (all of my toys are bright red)

Heat deflector

T plates

Cant wait to fire this thing up!
Congrats. You rarely see them in anything but black. What does the custom color cost these days?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats. You rarely see them in anything but black. What does the custom color cost these days?

$395 for custom paint. I picked her up this morning and couldn’t be more happy. Already getting her seasoned up as we speak.

Attachments

• F8BEC0DD-6AC3-4D9F-9A7E-1549B05B3183.jpg
    F8BEC0DD-6AC3-4D9F-9A7E-1549B05B3183.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 564
  • D2D3B42E-5CC1-4409-85F3-3E6E0358433C.jpg
    D2D3B42E-5CC1-4409-85F3-3E6E0358433C.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 562
4978739b49cda720382e313f02f7d33f.jpg
61234ff032865fe6232565265799893e.jpg

Put my order in for a large cabinet last week. Now the hardest part....waiting!

You think it's hard now, wait until you get the email saying she's actually being built / shipped. Longest two weeks of your life. I picked both of my LSG's up. I sent an email each day asking if it was done yet. Poor Chris...:decision:

GalvestonWader that's a thing of beauty! Funny my custom blue is going to be close to a match to my truck as well. Got the flip table not the comp. cart. Nearly finishing up week 9 so hopefully getting the "it's done" email soon.

Last edited:
I got the fabrication email!!!!!! Added comp package and sausage bars last second, better safe than sorry! Home stretch

I put in my order for a large cabinet on competition cart with off-road package and custom paint, heat deflector,and extra rails, on 5/29 I know I am far out but I cannot wait.

I also read this entire thread probably three times before ordering this has been so helpful I really am excited for the new toy

Back