Contest Announcment Lom-Bar-B-Que and Blues Fest, Lombard, Il

Pig Daddy

Full Fledged Farker
When: August 8, 2015 ~ 11AM-10PM

Where: Lombard, Il.

What: Non-Sanctioned BBQ Contest

Categories: Ribs, Chicken Wings, BBQ Sauce. Kid's Que

Needed: Contestants, Judges (CBJ's or cooks who have cooked KCBS/MBN), sponsors, food vendors, business vendors, volunteers and spectators.

Contact/Info: Tom "Pig Daddy" Koprowski @ 630-890-0465; lombarbque@gmail.com; www.lombarbque.com

Nothing says summer quite like the smoky-sweet flavor of BBQ and American Blues. We recognize that BBQ is not just for the joy of cooking and eating good food, but for the informal, relaxing, social opportunities it creates. Add a few people, music and beverages and we’ve cooked up the recipe for a great day!

The inaugural Lom-Bar-B-Que and Blues Fest takes place from 11 am to 10 pm, Saturday August 8th in Historic Downtown Lombard, Il. on Parkside Ave, along Lilacia Park. It is open to the public, family friendly and free to attend.

As part of this event, we offer a non-sanctioned BBQ cook-off contest for both adults and children. Our kid’s Q contest will bring out the Jr. Masterchef in every child! And for the adults, our contest serves as a great launch pad for “local” and “rookie" teams to cook in a fantastic learning environment for honing experience and skills. It’s also a great place for “seasoned” teams to try out new recipes and techniques.

Our event offers a bags contest, food vendors, live blues stage all day, kids zone and beer and wine sales.

Aside from promoting the Lilac Village, one of the Lombard Town Centre’s main goals is to create a fun reason for people to come to town and experience Lombard’s sense of community and love of American traditions like barbecue, blues and volunteerism.

We hope to see you all there.

For more information/application see www.lombarbque.com, PM me, call me at Tom "Pig Daddy" Koprowski 630-890-0465 or email me at lombarbque@gmail.com

Last edited:
I hope to get there just to meet some of you all.

I lived in Lombard for 5 years and loved it.

And if anyone is in the area in early May when the lilac trees are in bloom, I encourage you to visit the Lilacia Park where this event is held next to. It is really something to see and smell.

Good luck with your event Tom!

Did I mention this is the same day Downtown Lombard hosts its cruise nights? It will make for a fantastic day. Thanks for your support!

Would later registration be available? I know a bunch of local teams wouldn't know their availability because the Sam's Regional is that day as well.

Hey Scottie,

For competing or judging? We initially are limiting the contest to 30 teams on a first come basis. As far as judging, we are looking for 30 judges, could get by with 24 I suppose.

This looks like a great opportunity to get my budget conscious team out & my 10 year old son would have a blast. Just printed out the application. Didn't notice anything on the site about prizes though. Anything in it other than bragging rights?

This looks like a great opportunity to get my budget conscious team out & my 10 year old son would have a blast. Just printed out the application. Didn't notice anything on the site about prizes though. Anything in it other than bragging rights?

It is a relatively inexpensive way to compete and enjoy the day. I compete in KCBS and I'm also a CBJ. We run our contest very similar to KCBS, attempting to give folks as authentic of an experience as possible ~ right down to our judging. To answer your question, nothing other than bragging rights and custom made trophies tho.

Last edited:
This looks like a great event Tom. Unfortunately, like Scottie mentioned, I can't commit myself to this because we don't know about Sams. I have already found a friend to mentor Lexi in the Kids Q so she doesn't miss out on this opportunity in case I can't make it. Wish you all the success you had from previously. If there's a spot open and we don't qualify for Madison, I wouldn't miss it.

Back