Live from the Shirley

Awesome Will!! Everything looks danged tasty. Way to put the Shirley to use too. :clap::thumb:

I am assuming you poke a few holes in the bottom foil when you put the chicken in the water pan, so the water can steam thru into the chicken? If not, the steam from the water can't get to the chicken?

I am assuming you poke a few holes in the bottom foil when you put the chicken in the water pan, so the water can steam thru into the chicken? If not, the steam from the water can't get to the chicken?

No holes in the foil. There will be a ton of juice in there that I'll pour back over the chicken. Don't let the water get in the juice.

Butts are wraped. The Chicken is out and the ribs are getting purdy.

image_zpsxmdnxrsx.jpg

Great cook!

How even is the cooking across the butts when you have that many going at once? Are the ones in the left side of the chamber cooking faster than the ones in the right?

Great cook!

How even is the cooking across the butts when you have that many going at once? Are the ones in the left side of the chamber cooking faster than the ones in the right?

I had all the butts on one side. But this smoker cooks very even. If there is a difference from side to side I haven't noticed it.

Back