THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P

pharp

This weekend there are three regional contests. There will be lots of heavy hitters and high scores galore. To inspire the little guys I want to offer a $100 prize to whichever team (10 contests or fewer) has the highest overall finish (not score) across the three contests. In case of a tie, the tiebreaker will be overall score. To be eligible, this must be your 10th kcbs contest or fewer of the year.
The contests are:
Smoke on the Trails, Gardner Kansas
Shawnee Great Grillers, Shawnee Kansas
Downtown Jonesboro BBQ Festival, Jonesboro Arkansas

I have been pretty vocal that I think these teams are the future lifeblood of KCBS so thought I would try this out. If one of these teams with 10 or fewer comps wins a GC out of these three I will double the payout to $200.

Just to be clear, out of the three listed contests the team with the top finish (rank) wins the prize. If there is a tie it is broken by total score. Good luck. #riseofthelittleguy

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious to see how this goes. As an organizer, I have been thinking about offering almost the same thing. But a sort of event within an event...one event for everyone, another scoring/ranking for the new teams...

I am curious to see how this goes. As an organizer, I have been thinking about offering almost the same thing. But a sort of event within an event...one event for everyone, another scoring/ranking for the new teams...

Probably won't make much of a difference..but shoot maybe a new team will appreciate it.

And seeing how new/young teams need guidance, steer them here for a membership and really watch them improve.

This weekend there are three regional contests. There will be lots of heavy hitters and high scores galore. To inspire the little guys I want to offer a $100 prize to whichever team (10 contests or fewer) has the highest overall finish (not score) across the three contests. In case of a tie, the tiebreaker will be overall score. To be eligible, this must be your 10th kcbs contest or fewer of the year.
The contests are:
Smoke on the Trails, Gardner Kansas
Shawnee Great Grillers, Shawnee Kansas
Downtown Jonesboro BBQ Festival, Jonesboro Arkansas

I have been pretty vocal that I think these teams are the future lifeblood of KCBS so thought I would try this out. If one of these teams with 10 or fewer comps wins a GC out of these three I will double the payout to $200.

Just to be clear, out of the three listed contests the team with the top finish (rank) wins the prize. If there is a tie it is broken by total score. Good luck. #riseofthelittleguy

This is a great idea. Wish there was something like this when we were the little guy. I will mention this at the cook's meeting in Gardner.

Looks like Lazy Butt BBQ Crew pulled out 3rd place in Gardner and has only 5 cooks this year.

Cowboy Q won GC at Jonesboro and has only 5 cooks this year.

Rub N' Wood took 3rd place in Shawnee with only 4 cooks this year.

Congrats to everyone who heard their name called this weekend.

Looks like Lazy Butt BBQ Crew pulled out 3rd place in Gardner and has only 5 cooks this year.

Cowboy Q won GC at Jonesboro and has only 5 cooks this year.

Rub N' Wood took 3rd place in Shawnee with only 4 cooks this year.

Congrats to everyone who heard their name called this weekend.

It was a good weekend for the little guy! I have already reached out to Cowboy Q to arrange payment of his Bounty! He was pleasantly surprised!

Back