THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I absolutely love Amazon. well maybe I just had dealing with going to the store and still not finding what I want. so when I seen a brethren post about a cheap bbq light and gave it good reviews I clicked a few buttons and a day later a package was at my door.

ACVCY Grill Lights for BBQ,10 LED Super Bright Magnetic Grill Light Work Task Light with Adjustable Screw Clamp, 360 Degree Rotation Flexible Goose Neck, Not Included Batteries https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGY2S63/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GTrzEbDMX63NM

for $19 you get 2 lights with magnetic bases and 2 rotating clamps. they each are powered by 3 aaa batteries

alright let's fire up the pit boss and smoke some salmon. here's what I was working with before, the porch light and street light don't give much to work with and it was still dusk........you guys all cook on the front porch too right?

tTMBs4Mh.jpg

one light I mounted to the handle and the other I used the magnet and stuck it on the hopper, honestly one light would give enough light to cook. way better than trying to grill by phone light or a headlamp.

znLvU7Dh.jpg

I cured the fish the day before with salt, brown sugar and added a little pepper. the pit boss was running a little low so I adjusted the p setting to 2 after a few hours and then got hungry so bump the temp up again to 200 to get it to an internal temperature of 145. I glazed with a mix of oj and maple syrup at the end

EITUZxdh.jpg

O5Cezu9h.jpg

anyone who could use some more light for outdoor cooking should consider these as a cheap solution

I was about to order that exact product in the same two pack but ended up going this route instead:

71xqRQA2L1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I already own so many high quality flashlights that even though this was more expensive, it seemed like the more versatile option.

Salmon looks perfect :thumb:

Is the base of the light heavy enough to stand on a non-metallic surface in the wind?

Salmon looks perfect :thumb:

Is the base of the light heavy enough to stand on a non-metallic surface in the wind?

I just went out and checked, fair amount of wind (I'm sure the weather is the same for both of us)

It isn't super stable by itself but with the clamp pushed down to the base it is pretty good, definitely passable. You could also use a piece of scrap steel to provide a solid base if needed

Back