Lamb Lessons Learned

Perth.... there's your problem. :)
There are no secrets with lamb, the classic leg given a rub with EVOO and good dose of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, then studded with garlic slivers and rosemary leaves cooked to medium is common knowledge and probably the best of the lot.
I did a leg the other night smoked with peach and plum, cooked on a weber with a slow start and finishing at almost 400F over about 3 hrs and that was a treat too.

Well, It's not much of a secret here in Oz, but it's generally not done that way in the States as far as I know.... I could be wrong. :|

I started with 6 lit coals in one basket and closed the vents so a pencil could hardly pass through the widest section. The temp began at about 150F when I put the bone in leg into the weber and slowly rose at a fairly uniform rate. As I didn't plot the temps so much as just watch what it was doing with a rum in hand, I'd guess it spent about 30 minutes with the temp over 300F. It finished above medium, with just a hint of pink in the centre. Sorry I can't be more specific, but as you know, no pics, so it didn't actually happen. :)

Back