KCBS Says Cheating Better Than Offending TOTY

I do not believe KCBS is a 501c3. Maybe a 501c4? Different rules and can make money and not fundraise

Like many legal questions, this can vary from state to state, and I'd be curious to know which state's laws would apply here, Missouri or Tennessee. I wonder because the whole basis for punishing me to begin with is based on a principal which the state of Tennessee considers unconstitutional, but I'm veering off topic again. Sorry.

dmp

I'd love to see your authority on this. While I believe the principle you are citing is applicable in a criminal law context, this is a private matter and generally private groups can choose their members and enforce their rules as they please. If what you are saying is true, the Vols would never have to worry about NCAA sanctions...

Like many legal questions, this can vary from state to state, and I'd be curious to know which state's laws would apply here, Missouri or Tennessee. I wonder because the whole basis for punishing me to begin with is based on a principal which the state of Tennessee considers unconstitutional, but I'm veering off topic again. Sorry.

dmp

No you are not off topic....you just stepped around to beat the other side of the dead horse.

If he would have gone to KCBS with his hat in hand and approached them in a manner of which appeared to be remorseful, I suspect they would have pursued a different outcome regarding his banishment and further sanctions.

And before Mr. Prantz chimes in and says that I know nothing of his behavior towards KCBS post-incident, he would be correct. But I'll continue on with my suspicions of how the conversations went...based on his past, present and I'm sure future posts on the subject.

What people like him don't understand is that in most entities....whether they are government-based, publicly traded corporations or small-time organizations (I'll put KCBS in the last category), there's a group of people that control them. You piss them off and 99.9% of the time, you ain't gonna like the outcome.

Yeah, get the weed burners out. Flame on. I don't GARA....

No you are not off topic....you just stepped around to beat the other side of the dead horse.

You are correct and I apologize. I wrote that right before lunch and planned to come back and try to remove it, which I will do now. It was off topic and did not belong.

dmp

I do not believe KCBS is a 501c3. Maybe a 501c4? Different rules and can make money and not fundraise

You may be correct. You have a closer connection to the KCBS than I do, and you have better access to tax law professionals, but I'm not sure that it matters much. All of 501(c) entities are not for profit, which was the primary point.

dmp

I have to say, although the arguments seem fairly split, there do seem to be at least a few people who agree that DMP should have been banned and perhaps for even longer than he is already. I have stated my opinion that he has been treated too harshly, and in truth, I would not have banned him, or his team mate at all. They would have been given some form of warning and allowed to move on.

But, I have to wonder, if the broad membership of the KCBS somehow feels that showing fake genitalia is so offensive, that it must be eradicated from view. I see this as political correctness run amok (I would think differently if the guy has chosen to not wear pants, the real deal is a totally different thing). But, indeed, KCBS is a private organization, and has the right to bad whatever they want, including, apparently Daniel. And I do think this could be interpreted as capricious, but, who is going to take this to court?

On the other hand, any competitive organization that does not come down on cheating, that seems to be a very serious thing. I will say this, much like the NFL, the KCBS has turned a blind eye to cheating, just as the NFL claims that it is perfectly normal, and certainly there are no performance enhancing drugs used by their players.

And before Mr. Prantz chimes in and says that I know nothing of his behavior towards KCBS post-incident, he would be correct. But I'll continue on with my suspicions of how the conversations went...based on his past, present and I'm sure future posts on the subject.

You are correct that you know absolutely nothing of my communications with the KCBS post incident. I did apologize, said I would accept the punishment, and have done just that. I have been critical of KCBS "all about the Benjamins" attitude before, but I did not criticize them on this issue until it became clear to me that members of the board told bold faced lies about me to get this punishment passed, were continuing to act as road blocks for leniency requests that I didn't make, caused me a lot of stress and agony to string me a long, and then shook me down for money.

Even now, what you still just don't get is that I am not complaining about the three year ban that I received. I am complaining about the punishment received by some one else for what I perceive to be a much more serious event. Like I said before, if you don't have an issue with it, then it's best you move on and be happy with what you have.

dmp

Even now, what you still just don't get is that I am not complaining about the three year ban that I received. I am complaining about the punishment received by some one else for what I perceive to be a much more serious event. Like I said before, if you don't have an issue with it, then it's best you move on and be happy with what you have.

dmp

Then why mention your 3 year ban at all? Why connect the two events?

You could have a discussion about a 1 year ban(removal/termination) for cheating not being a strict enough punishment without even mentioning your incident, if that was really all your purpose was.

I am not going to get in to whether your punishment was right or wrong, as quite frankly I know very little about situation and don't care all that much. But it is clear as can be there are ulterior motives to this thread and discussion

In defense of Daniel, I had known him through this forum prior to this incident, and through this incident, and I had no idea that it was him who got the three year ban. In our private communication, he has never complained or mentioned it. I think he has handled it well.

I totally see where he is coming from, that the two punishments, in comparison, seem unfairly administered. At no time in this discussion has he said to reduce his time, more so, he seems to be saying cheating should be a much worse offense and treated as such.

Then why mention your 3 year ban at all? Why connect the two events?

Because without context one might think a one year ban for cheating was adequate. But then when you find out the same board handed out a much more severe penalty for something that could be perceived as much less harmful to the KCBS organization then it creates the ability to ponder whether or not some individuals really are making the decisions they were ELECTED to make or whether they are disregarding the INDIVIDUALS FUNDING THE ORGANIZATION and making decisions for their own benefit.

KCBS doesn't exist without it's paid members PAYING their money. And the board is ELECTED to make decisions based on the best interest of the 'shareholders', ie the paying and voting members. They are not FREE to do whatever they want as though it's their company and we are all along for the ride.

:deadhorse:

The point is very simple, he's saying that CHEATING is far worse than BAD JUDGEMENT. Given that fact, the question is why does the punishment for BAD JUDGEMENT out weigh the punishment for CHEATING.

Let's get one thing perfectly clear for all the people out there passing this joker's actions off as "bad judgement" or something similarly benign.

What the offender did was a crime and he is lucky he didn't get charged for it...........even worse for him because I am sure children were present.

This clown is lucky his picture isn't up at the local post office............and we are all worried about the severity of his and the head cooks ban from weekend BBQ??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d-exposing-fake-penis-maryland_n_1326558.html

I'm not aware of any court in the United States that believes that BBQ team head cooks are criminally responsible for all acts commited by their team, and the police who were at the awards ceremony didn't feel it was worth arresting any one. Besides, cheating has landed people with Congressional subpeanas. Any other way you want to dodge the point and prove to the world that you're smarter and more responsible than any one else?

dmp

Let's get one thing perfectly clear for all the people out there passing this joker's actions off as "bad judgement" or something similarly benign.

No worries about making anything 'perfectly clear'. You've done that. And then you did it again. And again. You have made your position abundantly clear.

I'm relatively sure that no one thinks that A) bad judgement is synonymous with benign and B) what happened by a member of Dan's team was anything less than deplorable and deserving of action by the BoD.

The first event that I attend was pretty bad. The organizers did a piss poor job. I was there with my teenage niece. If that was topped off by some jerk wearing an apron with fake genitalia I might have written off competition BBQ in it's entirety.

Eric

What the offender did was a crime and he is lucky he didn't get charged for it...........even worse for him because I am sure children were present.

This clown is lucky his picture isn't up at the local post office............and we are all worried about the severity of his and the head cooks ban from weekend BBQ??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d-exposing-fake-penis-maryland_n_1326558.html

Ok, make things perfectly clear and specifically state that it was a team member who is the "clown" and not the head cook or original poster...you know, the guy that you are taking pot shots at...most recently by referring to him as a clown.

Psssst. Falsifying scores which could result in teams winning money and others not would constitute fraud and would therefore be a crime. So...

Mod Note:

So far this thread has stayed within our rules but name calling and personal attacks are not going to be tolerated. Consider this the first warning. If you can't contribute to the discussion without resorting to name calling and personal attacks then move on. There are plenty of other threads to read.

The first event that I attend was pretty bad. The organizers did a piss poor job. I was there with my teenage niece. If that was topped off by some jerk wearing an apron with fake genitalia I might have written off competition BBQ in it's entirety.

Just for devils advocate, and actually on topic, if you found out that the meat you turned in didn't get judged by two judges and had made up scores for at least some period of time, how might that have affected your opinion of competition BBQ in general and the KCBS in particular?

dmp

I'm not aware of any court in the United States that believes that BBQ team head cooks are criminally responsible for all acts commited by their team

Who said you should be criminally responsible for all acts of your team???

No one.

Ok, make things perfectly clear and specifically state that it was a team member who is the "clown" and not the head cook or original poster...you know, the guy that you are taking pot shots at...most recently by referring to him as a clown.

Simple comprehension allows you to see I clearly made a distinction between the two and in no way addressed the OP.

Last edited:
Back