KCBS Regional Vote

Since we mainly compete in IL, MI, and WI, seeing that the map has IL along with neither of those makes me think my region wouldn't really represent my concerns, if it were passed as the divisional map shows. I can't speak for downstate folks in IL, but for those near the Chicago area, I think most would agree that our representation should be the same as for the rest of the Great Lakes States

I like the idea of having more localized representation though, but as others have said, this has been bandied about for years and has never happened.

Don't we already have an example of a system of regional representation?

US states become states only when there are a sufficient number of voters to be represented.

Couldn't a similar system be established for KCBS?

AND - why not have both a regional representative who can vote based on the constituents votes in their region and have that carry forward to votes of the board?

Technology could go a long way towards helping reduce the time required to participate as a representative. (This poll as an example.)

I like the idea of regional representation, but is there a specific way the current system is broken?

Back