KCBS membership required

GA1dad

Full Fledged Farker
Thinking about trying to compete in a KCBS sanctioned event. In looking at a few applications I noticed there was a request for a KCBS team number. Are you required to be a KCBS member in order to enter as a competitor? I let my previous membership lapse due to lack of close by events to judge.

I'm not 100% sure that you have to have a membership to KCBS in order to compete in every event, but I do know that KCBS keeps track of your scores according to your member number, that allows you to go online at any time and check your scoring history.

Thanks Y'all, that's what I was hoping. I just want to try one event for now, and tracking scores wouldn't really come into play for that.

I'm not 100% sure that you have to have a membership to KCBS in order to compete in every event, but I do know that KCBS keeps track of your scores according to your member number, that allows you to go online at any time and check your scoring history.

I thought membership was required if your team wants to be included in the "team of the year" scoring count.

Membership isn't required.

It is required if you want to get in the team of the year races however - someone cooking 5 or less events really has no shot at chasing points.

Back