Contest Announcment KCBS Comp in Allentown, PA in 9/26-27

To clarify, I said, "be one of the first" for the 2015. Also, not auto...I believe there are 7 PA State 'ships. Smokin hoghz has it right.

Only 14 slots left...decision time....should I stay or should I go?

Major sponsor for the Beer Garden...Leaf Cigar Bar.
Smoke of a different kind?

Beer,Barbeque and Cigars....Match made in heaven!

A bit late for a first of the year, but we just sent in our entry.

Too close to home to miss, and in talking to Greg (the organizer, I believe), sounds like he's got a great handle on things. Think this one is gonna be good.

Lookin forward to knocking off some rust (maybe literally), and seeing some old friends.

P.S. Can't beat a Deviled Egg contest! Well done MABA!

A bit late for a first of the year, but we just sent in our entry.

Too close to home to miss, and in talking to Greg (the organizer, I believe), sounds like he's got a great handle on things. Think this one is gonna be good.

Lookin forward to knocking off some rust (maybe literally), and seeing some old friends.

P.S. Can't beat a Deviled Egg contest! Well done MABA!

it will be good to see you guys, heard you were moving or moved?

Mens Health Magazine will be covering this event and doing a documentary - Day in the life of a Pitmaster" what it takes to compete. One team will be selected to be shadowed for this documentary which will be published for early next season. The BBQ Team selected will be announced Sept 1st.

looks like spacing is more driven by power needs than anything else. Less cost to keep bigger power closer to the source. Will evaluate further as the final teams fill in. 10 to go...

11 teams doing PC...Only 3 deviled egg so far. Earlier teams in may not know about comp

Ok....Friday Night....MABA "Meanest Deviled Egg" . Presentation limited to 18" x 18" platter. No alcohol infusions please... Need more contestants.

Hey Tom,
Some Grandma called. Wanted into the Deviled Egg comp...I almost fell off my chair. Was the cutest thing. Said all her grandkids love hers and she wanted to compete. I was speechless. Told her she needed to register with MABA...This is her quote."No and no. I just make really good deviled eggs".

Congrats to Herding Smoke and Ack-Que! GC's this past weekend. Proud to have you both in this LVQuefest comp. Looking forward to the head to head.

Back