THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KC Smoke

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Dirt
More garlicy goodness. I started with a Chuckeye steak that I poked holes in the sides and inserted slivers of raw garlic then tied it. The seasoning was simply S&P with EVOO since I had the sauce.

20240417-195313.jpg

20240417-200151.jpg

I made a hand chopped Chimichurri with parsley, garlic, red chile flake, red wine vinegar, EVOO, and S&P.

20240417-202947.jpg

For the fries I hand cut a Russet potato and gave it a blanch in beef broth. (broth not shown because you can't see the fries.) I was thinking about McDonald's fries when I did this.

20240417-202827.jpg

Then I drained them and put them on a wire rack and in to the freezer to chill out.

20240417-204151.jpg

After the fries were deep fried they were tossed with clarified butter, raw finely minced garlic, fresh parsley, & S&P. The steak was grilled over Kingsford with some hickory chips on my Weber kettle. Here it is all plated.

20240417-215827.jpg

The steak temp was perfect for my likings. The sauce was awesomely garlicy and herbal. The potatoes, OH the potatoes! They were pillowy little clouds of potato goodness. I love finishing fries like this. When possible I highly recommend fries like this dipped in Bearnaise sauce.

Back