THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me how you got your brisket to look that way on your pellet smoke. Thanks

It's a chuck roast...love love love 'em. I set the DC to 170 and smoked for 2 hours, then bumped temp to 250 and cooked until IT of 185. Probably should have taken it to 190, but I didn't want to end up with pulled beef. I used B&B pellets, 2/3 pecan, 1/3 mesquite.

Why would people put meat on grill then leave.that is missing out on the q experience sitting around drinking beer getting dirty smelling sweet smoke if you want to b somewhere else while your cooking buy a crock pot lol

Why would people put meat on grill then leave.that is missing out on the q experience sitting around drinking beer getting dirty smelling sweet smoke if you want to b somewhere else while your cooking buy a crock pot lol

100% agree that Q is most enjoyable when it is a hands on experience... but, If I had to take a wild guess at your question...I'd say it has something to do with wife, kids, work, responsibilities... [emoji12]

And I can tell you from experience, the pellet pooper blows the crock pot out of the water!!! [emoji106]

100% agree that Q is most enjoyable when it is a hands on experience... but, If I had to take a wild guess at your question...I'd say it has something to do with wife, kids, work, responsibilities...

You've got that right. I'll take my "crock pot" experience over no Q any time. If you've got the time to do it, honest to god man, I'm really happy for you. Not all of us are that fortunate.

I did I bought the crock pot of smokers!!

if I wanted to be a traditionalist I wouldn't have bought a pellet in and just use my stick burner the whole time, but sometimes spending more time with my toddler at the park is more important then tending to my fire for 12 hours, sometimes it's nice to still have dinner with smoke flavor while spending time with the family out and about. Or being able to eat some smoke foods well I work to make money to pay bills. If I only stuck to my stick burner maybe once a week I would be able to eat some smoke food, and that's of course using my one day off to not spend with my daughter taking her places.

Back