THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meat looks good, but I dig the rig, nice chunk of metal! Maybe one day when I grow up, I'll have something like that.:grin:

Those look absolutely amazing. I'm doing a couple of singles (chuck short ribs) tomorrow for my Dad and I for Mother's Day (Mom gets baby backs). :razz:

Those look Fabulous. I was tired of messing with the little no meat beef ribs available at any supermarket, so I saw one day that Sysco had a 2 rack case available that was 15 pound average...? ordered one and it was indeed 2 racks of 5 bones each that totaled 13.5 pounds. rubbed them like brisket and cooked like a baby back. They were fabulous, was SO nice having beef ribs with meat on them...

Ribs

Nice looking ribs..I hear you all about the weather..I got 6lb pork but and 2 racks of St Louie defrosting in my fridge for days. Can't wait to fire up the Shirley once again.
Might have to go to plan B if the rain doesn't stop.
Plan "B" fire up my old Electric that I converted to charcoal :loco:
Pan "B" smoker...Post #51 http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229167&page=4
DanB

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Today, I get to find out how they are as leftovers!

For those who mentioned only being able to get scrawny ribs. You have to ask for "Plate Ribs" or "Three Bone Ribs" (but you can find them with more than 3), they generally won't be in the supermarket counter. You can also get "Chuck Short Ribs" which come 4 or 5 to a set, which come from next to the Plate... if you are at the supermarket, this is what they usually sell as short ribs once they cut them down a bit. If you go to a Restaurant Depot you can get either in giant cryopacs. At RD the plate ribs come in a pack of 4 three bone plates. If you are requesting from a real butcher (not just a person that works in the supermarket meat department) the plate ribs are NAMP123 series and the chuck short ribs are NAMP130 series. (I'm no expert, so please correct if I've mis-spoken.... but I think it's generally right)

Now to hunker down for a rainy weekend, for those in sunnier locals, remember:

"Make BBQ while the sun shines!"

Bergen they look great nice farkin job, between the weather and working 3 weeks straight I'm jonesing, I may have to hit mighty Quinn's for lunch tomorrow.

But what's an RD?

Restaurant Depot

And to answer your next question, there are several ways to be able to shop there:
- I've seen posted here that they do have some sort of one day trial shop, that you can do over and over.
- There is a way to get a membership through KCBBS
- You work in food service (or have a buddy that can get a card for you)
- You are involved with a Charity. They offer this for Charities to be able to buy supplies etc.. like for a acout troop pancake breakfast. You'll need the charities tax free certificate and something that shows you are authorized to purchase for the charity.

Back