THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Umpteen years ago, my wife and I started attending a local multicultural festival and found the "Jamaican Jerk Hut". It was a food truck, with jerk pork, jerk chicken and jerk wings. Theirs was seasoned with a jerk rub, griled, and served with a signature homemade sauce, that is full of flavor. Really good! We really liked it! 8 or 10 years ago, my wife bought me the "BBQ Bible", and I found a marinade recipe in it that has been my go to jerk recipe ever since for my family, and even a large party for some extended family. My wife, like yours is a chicken fan, and I am a pork fan...so I usually make both. Since then, I found Oakridge Jah Love and I am a big fan of it too, albeit a little too spicy for my wife.

If you are making it, with pork, use a pork steak or pork tenderloin butterflied and I have also used riblets. If you want chicken, use whole pieces or even boneless pieces. I have even used a mahi steak, that turned out great! Experiment, and start out less spicy if you make the recipe homemade...use 3 or 4 peppers, without seeds instead of 8 to 12 peppers with seeds, and move up from there. Dont worry about all the spices being weird. When they all get together with the rest of the ingredients, it is magic!!

Last edited:
Hard to believe that nobody has mentioned the Jah Love jerk seasoning from Oakridge. That stuff is GOOD. Their recipe for jerk chicken thighs is easy and people love it.

Walkerswood is what got me started on jerk, but I prefer Jah Love now. :thumb: good stuff

Although there are many variations of jerk one can make at home, we just open a jar of Walkerswood and start the Kamado for a smokey good meal. Try this!!

https://pimentowood.com/shop/

This too...a bag of chips has lasted me a long time.

Walkerswood is the answer, and I’m the kind of guy who normally makes his own rubs and sauces. Used it for years. I have a friend from Jamaica who swears by it as well.

McCormick's jerk seasoning works well for a quick cook,I'm sure there's better but It has a low amount of sugar in it the best I can tell which I have to have

Big fan of Jah Love on both chicken and pork, favorite though are thick cut pork chops, like to let marinade for 24 to 36hrs before throwing on the grill.

omj0mZv.jpg

H6dlxAY.jpg

Never tried jerk pork but I love jerk chicken. I've always used McCormick's jerk seasoning and recipe because it is simple and tastes great. Unlike the recipe though I will marinate for several hours and sometimes overnight.
https://www.mccormick.com/recipes/main-dishes/caribbean-jerk-marinated-chicken

This is my go to recipe as well. I tried other brands and did not like them. The Mccormick brand imo is perfectly balanced. It does pack a punch with the heat if you follow the marinade recipe .

Back