THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frice

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Frank
I have booked a VRBO for this summer which has a unique feature: the owner built a brick smoker into his outside gazebo-like kitchen. I hope to use it as the experience would be fun. I talked to the owner briefly and just touched on the curious name he called it - Jamestown smoker. All I gleaned from that talk was that it is a nickname for such an installation, very likely local to the southeast, in this case eastern Florida. This is the only pic I have of the gazebo area. You can make out the brown/rust colored fire and cook chamber doors arranged vertically, and what appears to be a temp dial.

Jamestown Smoker Gazebo.jpg

Web searching has found a 25 year old fabrication company in New York who sells park style grilles, but nothing like this. There is a small town in NC called Jamestown which may be home to some BBQ innovations, given the state's history and Jamestown's relative proximity to Lexington. That's all I could find.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the term Jamestown smoker or Jamestown pit in this context?

I'd look at your rental agreement REAL close. We rented a VRBO in Florida last year, which had a gas grill by the pool. When I took the cover off it, it had a little plastic tie holding the lid down. Thinking this meant the grill had been cleaned and was ready to use it, I opened the grill and grilled burgers. When we got the bill after checking out, there was a $60.00 fee on there for using the grill. Are you freaking kidding me, you rent a house with a grill then charge the renters for using it? First time that ever happened to me, but I'm guessing it's now a thing for VRBOs to make more money.

I'd look at your rental agreement REAL close. We rented a VRBO in Florida last year, which had a gas grill by the pool. When I took the cover off it, it had a little plastic tie holding the lid down. Thinking this meant the grill had been cleaned and was ready to use it, I opened the grill and grilled burgers. When we got the bill after checking out, there was a $60.00 fee on there for using the grill. Are you freaking kidding me, you rent a house with a grill then charge the renters for using it? First time that ever happened to me, but I'm guessing it's now a thing for VRBOs to make more money.

I have read everything there is to read so far and I've also talked to him about it briefly and will do so again to cover all bases.

Whenever I rent a place where there's any kind of grill it's always filthy when I first open the lid and then magically it's nearly spotless when I'm done with it. I'm still waiting for that courtesy to be extended the other direction.

Back