It's a wittle wittle baby!

cazzy

Full Fledged Farker
I picked up a tiny 8# packer from Costco on Friday. After trimming, it was ever smaller, but I was mostly disappointed about how small the point was. I seasoned with Texas BBQ Grand Champion and put it on at around 2:30am yesterday. I let it coast at 225 grid as I wasn't in a rush, and since it was so tiny. Oak for smoke...which came through, but didn't result in a smoke ring. I do notice that I only get smoke rings on the egg if I season briskets with S&P.

Before I pulled it off.

Probably the best tasting (not looking) brisket i've made to date. I definitely need a better knife (or a Ken Onion) or something. I had trouble cutting through the bark, even though it wasn't very hard, but resulted in thicker slices than I wanted. I also missed a couple spots on my trimming as I left a lil too much fat in one spot that didn't render properly. Oh well, it still tasted awesome!

After I split the point

Nom nom :mrgreen:

So here is the funny thing. I made this massive sammie and I had to do the Triple D mouth open to shove it in. I was amazed. I called the wife over and I said, "I know this is humongous, but take a bite". She said "holy ****, is there sauce on that"? I tell her no and she asks for another bite, then said "that has to be some of the moistest brisket i've ever had. Make me one!" I built the sammie with point on the bottom with flat on the top so we were getting all types of goodness. :thumb:

My Butcher sells cab briskets that are trimmed for $3.99 lbs. Most of the time they are 5 or 6 pounds.

They are always great, fit on my weber, take less time to cook and are the right size for my needs.
Wonder why they're so good

My Butcher sells cab briskets that are trimmed for $3.99 lbs. Most of the time they are 5 or 6 pounds.

They are always great, fit on my weber, take less time to cook and are the right size for my needs.
Wonder why they're so good

I wish this was CAB...could have even been better. This one was very very floppy so it caught my eye.

I'd get those 6# CABS all the time at $3.99#.

That looks really delicious! I find 4 and 5 lb. packers by me all the time, but I've never tried one. I keep thinking they'll trim down to nothing, and what's the point? If they're really good though, I guess I could throw 2 or 3 of them on at the same time. I just want to be sure there's enough meat there to make it worthwhile. Your pron is making my mouth water. :hungry:

Back