THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

campdude

Babbling Farker
I actually had nothing going on today, so last night I told the wife I was going to hang out and BBQ today. My freezer is full as I haven't been doing much smoking. I pulled out a rack of short ribs and a cryo-pac of spares. Did a little trimming on the shorties and turned the spares into St Louis spares. I rubbed the shorties with Plow Boys Bovine Bold, one rack of spares got a combo of Cimarron Docs Sweet Rib Rub and SM Sweet Seduction, and the other one got a combo of SM Cherry and SM Sweet Seduction. I let them rest a little while I got the Bandera up to 275*. In they went basking in a combo of hickory and cherry smoke. I made some potato salad and prepped some ABT's. Here's some starter pron. More to come as the cook progresses.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I just threw a rack of loin backs on the mini.

It must be "a rib kind of day"

I will be watching.

Right on :thumb: I'm in the same boat. GF went out so I'm hanging with the dog, drinking beer and smoking some spares. My kind of day :biggrin1:

Wow, these were some fast cooking ribs today. Just under 4 hours start to finish. Didn't get a lot of pullback on the spares, but they pass the bend and toothpick tests. Pics look a little darker than they really are. I wrapped in some foil to rest for a little bit while I finish getting everything else ready. I'll post some cut rib shots later.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Thanks
Here's a little more pron. I didn't get a bite shot or a plate shot. Too busy getting it all together. The shorties were great, but the spares were a little drier than usual. They were 20 to 30 minutes past where I should have taken them off. Oh well. They were actually still bite through - kind of strange. We still hit them pretty hard. It was a great rib day anyway! Thanks for checking it out.

Attachments

• Thanks
Back