THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Italian Beef sandwich" Is paper thin sliced beef. Just saying.

What you got there is Pepper beef stout sandwiches.

Yikes, I make the exact same thing with pork butt. Maybe I'll call it the Not Italian Pork Sandwich from now on. :biggrin1:

HDmgYV6.jpg

Good looking beef sammich! But not a Chicago Beef, needs to be thin sliced and LOTS of garlic in that juice.

But I'll take two! Wet with hot. Hot Giardiniera that is.

:grin: I didn't want to be that guy

Plus no self respecting Chicagoan would put cheese on it

But OP sandwich still looks delicious!

:grin: I didn't want to be that guy

I waited as well, knew Andy couldn't resist :)

Plus no self respecting Chicagoan would put cheese on it

Actually, this is another misnomer for Chicago in the same vein that the "drag it through the garden" hot dog is the only way to order them. Its not. (Look up Chicago Depression Style hot dog as an example that existed long before that salad crap.) Another is the Chicago Deep Dish Pizza is king, it's not. A good number of us call that tourist pizza. We are a Chicago Tavern Style city, cracker thin crust, sausage with a lean towards fennel seasoning, and cut in small squares.

It is there, in the neighborhood non chain pizza places, in which the Italian Beef takes on the variances. With cheese then into the pizza oven, with marinara, marinara and cheese, plain bread, garlic bread.....

Yes, I get that it is not the "definition" as advertised of Chicago Italian Beef, but to say there is only one way to have it is to say one probably didn't grow up in a Chicago neighborhood (probably a suburbanite).

Just saying.

Opinions are like........

LOL, in my waiting and not being "that guy", my explaination shows I was, "that guy"

:doh:

I omitted two things, one, I would hit 3rdI's sammich in a New York minute.

Two, per my diatribe, I omitted I have hit all of them and like all of them at different times.

My bad.

And this, is why QTalk is pretty much off limits to my kind....

pepper pork stout. It rolls off the tongue better imo

and if you say it really fast 26 times, it will be a habit?

Back