THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I very much enjoyed the sauces and rub.
The rub added a nice crust over the meat. The taste was deep and rich and added a lot.
I served with the sauces on the side. So we all mixed rubs and sauses.
The baby rays has a smoky feel and light spicy after kick.
Sticky fingers was like mustered the next generation. I liked just dropping rice on it and eating it like a rice dish.
Ioved all of them. But this was a family meal so I polled everyone. Here are the results :

As you can see they don't understand anything...
Justin thanks again for sending these products. We enjoyed them very much. I'm going to keep trying them on beef and pork next.
I also was very happy to read that you and your wife liked the Ras el Hanut. What you prepared looks so much like a morrocan dish. I can't wait to hear if you'd like the other spices. This is such fun!

Congratulations on finding a Trade Partner.... That chicken looks Awesome.... Nothing better than a great trade....

$14.00 is quite reasonable OferL, the last padded envelope I sent to to Australia was $48.00 in postage fees here in the USA, which contained 3 packages of seasoning/brine.

Jrogers84, out of curosity, what were your actual shipping costs for your package? And what method did you use for shipping.?

It appears from my account on the USPS website the US Postage fee for a "Flat Rate Envelope" is $32.95, a package lists at $49.50. If it were $14.00 that would be great... It costs more than that to ship flat rate boxes within our own country. If there is a cheaper alternative for us that would be great to include you in a future trade, but I cannot subject someone to pay high fees listed on the USPS account unless they volunteer to do so. Sorry..

Lets see what Jrogers84 response is and see what other options he may have found for a lesser shipping rate.

Well considering the USPS is a piece of crap, my cheapest option was 49 bucks to ship

As you can see they don't understand anything...
Justin thanks again for sending these products. We enjoyed them very much. I'm going to keep trying them on beef and pork next.
I also was very happy to read that you and your wife liked the Ras el Hanut. What you prepared looks so much like a morrocan dish. I can't wait to hear if you'd like the other spices. This is such fun!

Im very glad you guys liked everything! Your chicken looks killer, making me hungry!

They wonder why the USPS is going broke. 14 one way, 49 the other

I agree, I ship about an average of 5 packages a week, and with my account I get a 50 cent discount..... Wow.!!! But I do get free tracking which make the discount about 2 dollars.

I would ship many more international packages if it were more reasonable, and even include them in the trade round. This is not limited to Israel and Australia, but the same fees apply to Canada and Mexico even if you sit on the border of those countries. It is much cheaper to cross the border and send it by their postal system.

I have heard of some foreign postal services, where the customer set up an account from a foreign country. They have a stateside PO Box and then they forward to the customer in their country when a package arrives at the PO Box. I'm not sure if it's any cheaper or not because I never looked into it. Maybe someone else has some input here.....

I have sent some things overseas to Brethren who have a friend stationed at a US Occupied Base, you can send it by way of APO/FPO to their friend and it is even cheaper than regular mail. Their friend then gifts it to the Brethren. I've sent a 40 pound Box to Korea, Okinawa, and even one to Germany for less than $14.00 at reduced military mail fees.

Anyways the food looks great and I am sure it is exciting to try cross-cultural dishes you can cook at home. Great trade guys.... Congratulation on great food to expand your taste horizons...

IamMadMan
I use a service like that. Two actually because they have different pricing and discounts.
They give me a NJ address as my own. Everything that comes to that address is shipped directly to me in Israel. It's not cheap. I use it for stores that don't ship directly to me. Like some amazon items (most items do ship) , Rockport and others. Here is one pricing table
http://www.mustop.co.il/faq-import-from-us-to-israel/packages-from-usa-to-israel-calculation
For instance 1kg from USA is $33, from selected stores (Amazon.com, eBay, zappos and 6pm) its $23 and from Europe it's $39. Of course the store has to send the items to NJ which is sometimes free and sometimes with some cost.
These services can be used to lower costs of international shipping. You just need to find one in the receiving country.
For instance shipito.com send all over the world in this method.
I didn't think to use this method for the trade... Sorry Justin, I didn't know the final cost was this high...

IamMadMan
I use a service like that. Two actually because they have different pricing and discounts.
They give me a NJ address as my own. Everything that comes to that address is shipped directly to me in Israel. It's not cheap. I use it for stores that don't ship directly to me. Like some amazon items (most items do ship) , Rockport and others. Here is one pricing table
http://www.mustop.co.il/faq-import-from-us-to-israel/packages-from-usa-to-israel-calculation
For instance 1kg from USA is $33, from selected stores (Amazon.com, eBay, zappos and 6pm) its $23 and from Europe it's $39. Of course the store has to send the items to NJ which is sometimes free and sometimes with some cost.
These services can be used to lower costs of international shipping. You just need to find one in the receiving country.
For instance shipito.com send all over the world in this method.
I didn't think to use this method for the trade...

I'll check the "shipto.com" site out tonight.... Thanks

Sure, $49 is a lot of money, but to send a package more than 6,000 miles? Seems pretty reasonable. Less than $0.01/mile.

If it can come to me from the same place I am sending to too for under 1/3 of the price, I do not consider it reasonable. Not to mention the lack of customer service consistently received by the USPS is generally poor....

If it can come to me from the same place I am sending to too for under 1/3 of the price, I do not consider it reasonable. Not to mention the lack of customer service consistently received by the USPS is generally poor....

Also note that the $49.00 package / envelope costs over $75.00 by UPS international.

I was at my favorite spice store today, getting some stuff for my next cook. I remembered you liked the pic so I took some more.

Back