THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
I'm David Little, age 51, born and raised in Florida. Retired from the Air Force in '93. Been working in IT for State of Texas and now State of Florida for most of the last 10 years. Spent two years as an asst. manager and Luby's cafeterias (Texans will know the company).

Married 24 years to Anne -- she's a Florida native, too, and very much the military wife.

Eldest son, Sean, 22, just got out of the Marines - hopefully he'll be moving to Ft. Meade, MD, area soon.

Middle son, Chuck, 20, still in college. Asst manager for Chik-fil-A.

Youngest son, Joey, 11, 5th grade special ed kid.
((had another son, Timmy, who was killed in 1991))

Love living near the water. We live in Clearwater, FL, across Tampa Bay from Tampa (duh!). Our house is about 10 minutes from the intercoastal waterway and 15 from either Clearwater Beach or Dunedin Causeway. I fish (fresh/salt), sail, hike, etc. Used to SCUBA but haven't had a tank on since 1986. Hiked some of the Appalachian Trail in Georgia last November and hope to do more of the AT in the future.

We cook out a lot. Currently I use a ECB for smoking and a gas grill for grilling -- have a Coleman outdoor fire pit in the camper and we love to grill/cook out doors when camping. Looking at building a large "permanent" smoker/oven in the backyard. Details will follow. Waiting for Banderas in the area to get marked down :D to I can buy one.

Hoping to do some competitions in the future. Was planning on two in October but have a wedding to attend (my brother, finally) on one of the weekends and something else on the other -- maybe I can make it to one or the other to "observe".

Love living near the water. We live in Clearwater, FL, across Tampa Bay from Tampa (duh!). Our house is about 10 minutes from the intercoastal waterway and 15 from either Clearwater Beach or Dunedin Causeway.
My grandparents moved to Safety Harbor around '82, so we get down there every few years. It was a surprise to see how much building had gone up in Clearwater last time we were down that way. Last visit was '96, so I guess we're probably due for another soon.

You won't recognize the area

It has just gone nuts. We moved here in '97 and have seen it just explode over the last 5 years. Roads that were 2 lane are now 6, US19 is just a disaster (has been for years).

But, it's near the water (Bay or Gulf), weather is moderate (it finally stopped raining!!), can cook out all year round without robe and slippers, etc.

Drop an email whenever you're coming this way. At least we could hookup for a drink or sandwich if not (drum roll please!) a cookout.

David
Clearwater, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back