THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pjtexas1

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Texas Pete
Smitty and all these pellet threads have me wanting a pellet grill. Seems like some of the better options look more like a gas grill or a hybrid rather than a smoker. That has me leaning towards Blazn or Rec Tec. Stupid brain of mine...

Anybody else suffering with me? Am I'm just being too darn picky?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So...3 out of 3... looks like I'm just crazy. :doh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If I were to buy a pellet grill again (which I promised myself I wouldnt do) the Mak grills have always appealed to me most amongst the higher end grills. I'd like to try some food off an FEC-100 too...maybe I have when judging and didnt known it, but I want to knowingly try it.

yG5K4Xwl.jpg

RJGsMRpl.jpg

1DTu8nJl.jpg

0QKTQYpl.jpg

8WtfddWl.jpg

wfUZRUzl.jpg

Last edited:
Guess you better start talking to Pitmaker $1895.......:biggrin1: Good news is You won't have to Pay Shipping. Bad News is You will have to Pay Sales Tax.......

8WtfddWl.jpg

PITMAKER MACHINE GUN SMOKER SPECIFICATIONS

*20” x 36” Main Cooking Chamber with 2 Levels of Cook Grate Space
– Dimensions Below:
Bottom Grate Surface area: 32” x 22”, and Upper Grate area: 32” x 16” = 1216 Sq. Inches of Cooking Grate Space!

STANDARD AR-20 PELLET PIT INCLUDED FEATURES
*Note: Many features we include standard, other manufacturers will up-charge you for...

-Strong, 1/4" Thick Cooking Chamber
-Fold up Steel Shelf, nice big surface for plates and pans (that folds down for getting though doorways)
-Pellet Pro Hopper/Feeder System with PID Controller (Best in the Industry)
-Tel-Tru Factory Calibrated Accurate Thermometer
-Slide-Out Cooking Grates - (Included!)
-Dual Baffle Plate Above Heat Pot - For Clean and Easy Smoking Meat - (Included!)
-1-1/4" Ball Valve Drain for Easy Cleanup - (Included!)
-Fully Seam-Welded Flanged Lids (Not Stitch-Welded!)
-Stainless Steel Cooking Chamber Hinges
-5/8” Solid Stainless Handle Rods with Stainless “Cool-to-Touch” Handles
-11 Gauge Steel Baffle Plate doubled with 11 Gauge Steel Drip Plate for easy cleanup and great heat distribution
-Heavy Duty 7"" Casters for Easy Moving

Last edited:
The heart wants what the heart wants.

And we all a little crazy...sometimes anyway.

I'm a "form follows function" kind of guy - but if you can get a pooper that looks enough like a smoker to make you happy, go for it.

If you want it to look like a smoker, glue a poster of the Rat Pack on it. All of those guys smoked, like chimneys.:cool:

I say just put a split on top of the pellet hopper...then you can pretend its a real smoker.

Kinda like the playing cards in the spokes of your bike so you could pretend it was a motorcycle.

If I were to buy a pellet grill again (which I promised myself I wouldnt do) the Mak grills have always appealed to me most amongst the higher end grills. I'd like to try some food off an FEC-100 too...maybe I have when judging and didnt known it, but I want to knowingly try it.

If you are at the American Royal this year, stop by Friday evening and visit. I might have a slice of brisket around 6-7PM.

Back