THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandwich with sides and homemade dessert for 10$? They complained it was too much? Around me you'd be lucky to get the sandwich for 10$. Some people just want something for nothing. We'd get 20$ for that around here. Might even offer choice of side not both.
This.
Complaining about 10$ for a fundraiser where you are only paying normal price (or cheaper!) for a real product is simply absurd. Some people dont get it. When the Boyscouts want $$ for fundraisers Im not thinking "whats in it for me?" These folks got a killer deal on home cooked food! I would be tempted to give them their money back loudly in front of all the grateful customers. What a joke.

People always complain. No matter what you do they are going to complain.

This needed repeating! I do youth group fundraisers all year long. Doesn't matter what you charge, there will be a group of people that will complain. And if it's not about the price, it's about the quantity, quality, or some other thing. Smile, be happy, and forget it.

Bama,
I know that I'm late to the party, but don't sweat $10. I do the same for a pulled pork or chicken sandwich, and a couple sides (mac & cheese or baked beans) and cole slaw. I run a BBQ charity on the side to raise money for others. Pretty much everyone tells me I should charge more. I'm in Northern VA, and prided myself in being cheaper than the BBQ restaurants. This spring it finally clicked, we are all volunteer so I SHOULD be charging what others are to maximize the benefit to others. I think I have had one or two people in 2 1/2 years think the price was high.

Great job!

Buzz, Congratulations on the $2,000. The price was certainly fair. It was for a church youth group, fundraiser for crying out loud. I would probably paid $10 for the plate and given the kids another $20 just for kicks.

Even in my economically depressed area $10 is a good deal for all that. I think it all depends on how many kids you have with you to feed. lol Have to give all you guys credit for doing all that work. :-D

Even in my economically depressed area $10 is a good deal for all that. I think it all depends on how many kids you have with you to feed. lol Have to give all you guys credit for doing all that work. :-D

This was our thought as well. My goodness they were getting 5 to 5 1/2 ounces of pulled pork per sammich, two sides and a dessert (homemade at that). But the brethren are right. You'll always have some people that just want something for nothing or just simply want to complain.

Back