THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ruger35

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Nope
Offsets are and will always be my favorite cooking tool. But j also enjoy grilling. I don't really eat vegetables, unless Mac and cheese counts.

Ever since Did brought my Evie Mae smoker back home to Texas I've had my order in for my Backline smoker. Been using a 26" kettle to get me through and grill some stuff. But I'm just drawn to a live fire and went ahead and added a Backline Santa Maria grill to the order.

I enjoy watching and learning from the vast array of cooking methods out there, but to me the king will always be live fire.

I don't think I'm a pyro ..................

I know I am.

Lock.

Solid.

Delivered.

Stickburner guy

I'm on board with that. I absolutely love my stickburner. It's my favorite way to prepare pretty much anything (with the exception of burgers and chicken). But due to the time involved, I don't get to fire it up nearly as often as I would like.

I just spent the better part of 2 hours watching logs burn while I had a boneless leg of lamb was spinning on the rotisserie. Love it

It never get's old...

5NSgEyJl.jpg

@WeldonG ~That SM grill is awesome!!! Who makes it?
Thanks. It's made by Sunterra. There is a guy on YouTube that has a 48 inch double grate that is cool to watch and get more of an idea. I believe he goes by Dski Grillz.

I've also seen a grill that looks similar and a little cheaper but I couldn't find much info on it so I passed. It is by Titan Great Outdoors. But is only a 30 inch compared to my 36 inch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How do you like that size? I asked Ryan to build a 24x24" cause I didn't want a lot wasted space, and cause they aren't cheap. But started wondering if I should have went with a 36x24" or something along those lines. I didn't want something that would seem out of hand for just a couple steaks or something.

How do you like that size? I asked Ryan to build a 24x24" cause I didn't want a lot wasted space, and cause they aren't cheap. But started wondering if I should have went with a 36x24" or something along those lines. I didn't want something that would seem out of hand for just a couple steaks or something.

For live fire I think you need bigger than 24" wide. You need an area for the logs to burn and a separate area for the food to cook. Mine is just under 32" and everytime I use it I wish it was just a bit bigger.

For live fire I think you need bigger than 24" wide. You need an area for the logs to burn and a separate area for the food to cook. Mine is just under 32" and everytime I use it I wish it was just a bit bigger.
What he said, I would do at least a 36 inch

So you'd recommend a 36x24" minimum or 36" wide by what depth?
It really depends on your needs. I typically go a little larger than I would normally need for those times you have a bigger crowd. I would think a grate size of 36 in wide by 24 inch deep would be good. See below of my grill with food on it to give you an idea. Even though my model is 36 inches the actual grate size is only 30 in wide and 19.5 in deep
53d311258b1428b8fbdd36d48e73e332.jpg
7e4e6e57dc24f5460f3de8278a5597ca.jpg
b927d5ab485177e2367160622f82b25f.jpg
149df5e1b1b3dca690b4c33822fb1e95.jpg
fdf6f787fa66eb4963b877d5e6a7956d.jpg
e3733d51b422fd910914beb75a884efe.jpg

Thanks fellas. Talked to Ryan and added an extra 6" (wish it was that easy for everything in life [emoji38]). Going with a 30x24".
Good deal, I can't wait to see the finished grill. I think you'll be happy that you added some extra real estate.

Back