THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
My wife had some wonderful Cornbread Stuffing and Turkey Gravy leftover but the Cajun Fried Turkey was no more. So I halved a Chicken and smoked it, dry brined one half with Naturiffic Harvest Brine this morning and the other half with a combo of Loot N Booty Gold Star Chicken Rub and Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub.

Big fan of the Gold Star and Killer Hogs for a kick, it was good but the Harvest Brine turned out perfect.

Cooked on the MAK, set on smoke for 1 hour then bumped to 375 till the breasts hit 165, used Lumber Jack MHC pellets (Comp Blend).

NHB on the left LnB/KH on the right.

5cfaxjl.jpg

QIOP0jf.jpg

A bit off topic but, When i use leftover Turkey for Turkey BBQ, i refuse to use the breast because it get too dry when it can be shredded. So i only use the Turkey dark meat and i add chicken thighs.Turkey, and Turkey drippings/gravy is so dominant nobody can tell there is shredded chicken thighs added.

Back