THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mwilson6

Found some matches.
Hi, I need some insight from you folks.

Been BBQing for a while, but trying to up my game with experience gathered from this site. I will try to make this short, but comprehensive. I can sure use some advice from you experienced guys.

Normally I do one packer brisket, but decided to do two based on the logic of if you are investing a lot of cook time, why not do two? Made sense to me.
So, got a 13 and 9 pounder. Been smoking at 200-210F (monitored by ET-733) for 5 1/2 hours. Figure I have another 4-5 to go tonight. Local comp guy says they do the low temp smoke thing like described and them crank the heat to 250 for 2-3 hours for bark.

Before this, I let the brisket rest 10-15 minutes. Data here suggests 2 hours in a cooler. Cool, I got that. Dinner tomorrow is 100pm so, I need to be done and in the cooler by 1000am.

My issue is, if I finish my low temp process at 100am or so, can I stick them in a cooler (wrapped in butcher paper) until I start the high heat portion at 700am or so? Putting them in the fridge really puts me in the ditch, and I am not sure a foil wrapped scenario in a low temp oven is the right answer either.

Can I safely leave these in the cooler for 5-6 hours? Seems like a lot to me, but then again I have never used the cooler process before, so that whole thing beats the hell outta me. BTW, internal meat temp is about 158 on both after 5 1/2hrs. I know a lot of you guys pull at 190 degrees or so, and the rest do a probe test.

What suggestions do you have for me on this time gap I have?

Thanks,
Mike

Back