THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The primes I have done, was just low and slow till about 135 to 140. I never have taken them off the smoker and crusted them over a hot bed of coals or sliced and crusted over a hot bed of coals. Someone here the other day posted of one crusted over after smoking.

I have a Kamado Joe Classic and a Big Joe. Never done this cut before. Is this where ribeyes come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What has worked for me on the Rec Tec
-Tie it up about every inch or so to make uniform
-Cook at 250* until internal of 135*
-Let rest at least 20 min tented, temp will rise about 5*
~Can alway pull around 125 let rest for at least 10 min then sear over high heat until 135*

I’m on the other side of the spectrum. Not a Prime rib fan. Slice that puppy into steaks so you can enjoy it

Okay I’ve got a plan. Rubbed with some Savannah Style Hickory Smoked Beef Rub after rubbing on some garlic infused EVOO. Letting it soak it up tonight. Going on tomorrow at 260-265 until an IT of 130, then pull it off, crank up Joe and get a good sear. Rub has smoked paprika, chili powder, cane sugar, garlic powder, hickory smoked salt coarse black pepper , cumin, coriander, parsley and oregano.

b7acf46d26a8bf4d280314d05adc3598.jpg

e93f54c8f1842d98125b95992dabd655.jpg

177751c0dbfd5d4f53a09db551e54ce4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back