I got gas

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Out of town again this week. The worst part is the food. We did get some relief in the form of this snazzy 2 burner gas grill.

The guys wanted ribs, i would have prefered something faster like some sirlions.

We picked up some baby backs from the market as well as a generic bbq rub and a roll of heavy duty foil that ended being like tissue paper.

I did luck out and find some bbq sauce from The Shed.

I rarely cook on gas and this may have been only the second rack of ribs ive done on a gas grill. But they are still ribs and i know how too cook them.

Its always a pain cooking on these trips. I really need a travel bbq kit but i would probably take alot of heat from the guys over it.

I hit the backs with the cinnamon chipolte rub and cooked them for 2 hrs then wrapped in the foil with a bit of sauce and beer for an hour. Things were moving slowly, id guess i was cooking under 275. I finished them off with some more sauce and a quick sear.

Ive got poor service so i cant get to the rest of the pics now. Ill try to do it later.

Those look a sight better than any ribs I ever tried on my gasser. That's what led me to the WSM and this crazy fad I'm hooked on...

Those turned out well man! Don't you have a mini for these times? A mini would be perfect for those off site cooks.

I spent 32 years eating mostly peanut butter sandwiches and apples for dinner on second shift. I approve.

Back