3 green onions
6 garlic cloves
2 packets of texmex seasoning
1/2 cup of cilantro
3 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cups of water
6 green chilies
1 can of corn

Oh yeah........that's the way to get the fat in it, ,bacon AND chorizo. I like the way you think,,,,,,,,,,,and eat!

Don't know if you partake or not, but try some beer next time instead of water and if not, try some stock, beef stock in particular and the salt free. That's a good amount of garlic..........I LIKEY!! So, how was the cook? Did you notice that it didn't take a high setting on the burner to keep it hot?
Thanks.

Bob

Thats cool! Thanks for introducing me to a new cooking implement. Now I have to see if I can find the raw materials,,,lol (my wife is going to kill me!)

My wife and girls gave me a customized one from the Disc-It folks out of Albaquerque, N.M.

We were traveling through on a ginormous road trip vacation and got the royal your by the owner Nevin Montano. He was warm and friendly and showed us all over their facility.

They get their discs custom out of Brazil before the holes are pierced.(I have read where a few folks have had bad experiences with a porous or bad weld keeping lilttle beasties locked in thier grooves.) They sandblast the discs and weld on powdercoated handles. You can even get the handles customized.

They also craft really cool cookers that are totally customizable. The whole rig is around $400 but you can get just the discada for about $75 and get it customized for about $30. My custom was about $125 with shipping.

I'm not a partner and I'm not getting paid in any way for this but they are fine folks with a fine product.

here's a link if you wan't to check them out, Nevin sends out a video recipe blog on Fridays cooking on the Disc-It. This was the first thing I cooked on mine at my daughter's house in Alvin, Texas

http://disc-it.com/blog/423/httpdisc-it-comblog423/

Check 'em out, Christmas is coming who knows what Santa'll bring ya!

Blessings y'all

Cool idea. That's a crazy amount of meat in that wok.

Also, thanks for the agri supply link. After looking around at their selection, I can't help but wonder what it's like to stir fry in an 18 gal cast iron stew pot :cool:

My wife and girls gave me a customized one from the Disc-It folks out of Albaquerque, N.M.

We were traveling through on a ginormous road trip vacation and got the royal your by the owner Nevin Montano. He was warm and friendly and showed us all over their facility.

They get their discs custom out of Brazil before the holes are pierced.(I have read where a few folks have had bad experiences with a porous or bad weld keeping lilttle beasties locked in thier grooves.) They sandblast the discs and weld on powdercoated handles. You can even get the handles customized.

They also craft really cool cookers that are totally customizable. The whole rig is around $400 but you can get just the discada for about $75 and get it customized for about $30. My custom was about $125 with shipping.

I'm not a partner and I'm not getting paid in any way for this but they are fine folks with a fine product.

here's a link if you wan't to check them out, Nevin sends out a video recipe blog on Fridays cooking on the Disc-It. This was the first thing I cooked on mine at my daughter's house in Alvin, Texas

http://disc-it.com/blog/423/httpdisc-it-comblog423/

Check 'em out, Christmas is coming who knows what Santa'll bring ya!

Blessings y'all

Are you saying my welding is bad!!:boxing: The Disc at agri supply are either from India or Brazil. Mine came from Brazil so we might have the same disc. I was worried about welding up the hole because what the metal might have been like but it tig welded it up just fine. Just could not find one that big and heavy for a decent price. Thanks for the link, I look forward to seeing some of the recipes.

Oh yeah........that's the way to get the fat in it, ,bacon AND chorizo. I like the way you think,,,,,,,,,,,and eat!

Don't know if you partake or not, but try some beer next time instead of water and if not, try some stock, beef stock in particular and the salt free. That's a good amount of garlic..........I LIKEY!! So, how was the cook? Did you notice that it didn't take a high setting on the burner to keep it hot?
Thanks.

Bob
I can't believe I did not think of Beer, we were at a bash and there was no shortage! It was super easy to control the heat and had it on low most of the time. My only suggestion it to get a bot less concave on the next one, the 5" was a bit much for holding things up on the side but will be perfect for frying things. Just gives me a reason to make another one!

Just curious, why couldn't the diskada be placed on top of a UDS? Remove the UDS top and place the diskada?

Maybe make a few bends around the edges of the diskada to allow exhaust/ventilation?

Just curious, why couldn't the diskada be placed on top of a UDS? Remove the UDS top and place the diskada?

Maybe make a few bends around the edges of the diskada to allow exhaust/ventilation?

I know this is not what you are asking about, but................

I was think about a 22 incher: drilling three holes (for mounting) in one and using it as a top shelf or diffuser with the middle hole open for smoke. Might plasma cut some slits for smoke if necessary. You could even weld on a deflector for the hole if the grease is a problem.

Not sure it would get hot enough to cook anything with it that far away from the fire. I think a 18" disc would make a great diffuser!

Back