I got a new toy (26" plow disc)

Those are good prices with shipping included on the discs. I called around to a few tractor supply stores and the prices they quoted me were outrageous.

our FFA class made a few a while back but picture 2, 1 on top of the other. the top one has a bolt welded to the bottom and the bottom one has a nut welded to the center of it a pipe down to the ground with another upside down for the stand.
light your coals in the bottom one and when ready screw the top one on. that is also your heat regulator, moving the top one up and down.
they work great! i have been cooking on mine for about 5 years.

I have seen that before and would like to do it with a smaller disc in the future. The 26"er is a heavy beast!!!

Moocow- You had me at "new toy." I'm intrigued. It's a big home made Wok. I've never heard of anyone doing this before. Which goes to show the sheltered existance I have:rolleyes:. Do you have any links to sites or threads that may be used to educate me? I want one. :shocked: I'm mezmorized by it. :shocked: I don't know why. :shocked:.
Just search(plow disc)in the google search at the bottom of the forum and there were several that pop up.

You're farkin kidding... you just got them out in the yard goin rusty????:confused:

yep its an oldy probly one of the first disc that was made for a tractor, i got a couple old horse drawn plows too, iv been thinkin about cutin up the old disc and takin it to scrap, but a little rust wont hert anything after you sand blast and oil it good

i never knew they existed, now, i positively *need* one :becky:

if you search for links, DON'T read any by BobBrisket unless you just had lunch. You'll drool and your stomach will make very loud noises. Trust me on this one.

our FFA class made a few a while back but picture 2, 1 on top of the other. the top one has a bolt welded to the bottom and the bottom one has a nut welded to the center of it a pipe down to the ground with another upside down for the stand.
light your coals in the bottom one and when ready screw the top one on. that is also your heat regulator, moving the top one up and down.
they work great! i have been cooking on mine for about 5 years.

I think this might be it or similar

965949993_b15d13014e.jpg

Here are some pics of it in use!

Attachments

• bash-0.jpg
    bash-0.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 125
  • bash-1.jpg
    bash-1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 125
Hand me a warm corn tort and cold beer, and I'll hep meself! I'd so hit that. Is the beef in the second pic some cubed brisket or pork? Dang, that looks good. SO, what'd ya think of disc cooking?

Bob

Here is what Was in the fajitas.
3 pounds of brisket left over from the Jack
1.5 pounds ham
1.5 pounds bacon
1 pound of chorizo
4 onions
2 red peppers
6 jalapenos
3 green onions
6 garlic cloves
2 packets of texmex seasoning