I don't know what I'm doing...500 Gallon Smoker Build

Got another coat on and it's starting to look good.

E442nZ5h.jpg

votqLl8h.jpg

I know you checked, but those counter weights fit under the garage door right?

Yes, it has been in and out of the garage. The chimney barely grazes the rubber flap on top. Once we put it on the beafier trailer it will be done in the garage.

Nice work on this one, that is a monster! Cant wait to see how it cooks!

Thanks! So far the top two racks are cooking at the exact same temp (which was unexpected). The bottom right rack is around 15-20 degrees cooler than that. The bottom left is around 15-20 less than the bottom right rack. I could fix some of the temp differences if I really wanted to by installing a plate where the firebox is inside the upper cooking chamber. It's good enough for me right now though.

Looks like we're finally finished! I'm sure we'll do little things here and there but we're ready for our first big cook this weekend. For those that didn't see it I did my first cook on it a couple weeks back with a brisket and a couple pork shoulders. It maintained temps great! I probably could have left the brisket on a touch longer but I was giving most of it to someone that had to take off.

Link to initial cook.

On the rack

lqZUXZih.jpg

All done

X84fAESh.jpg

8ui1mjdh.jpg

gYnh1exh.jpg

I forgot to take a picture after we welded it to the new trailer but here's what she looks like on it. It fits perfect on it. The FB slid right in between the frame where we were able to weld it straight on. It also pulls really well. We will be having a big garden party this weekend. Depending on how many we think will show up we are planning on filling the racks up with meat. Can't wait!

XaErdx2h.jpg

Back