I am one smooth talking devil...

WHAT the heck is?????You don't need that big of a pit!???! Book her last row middle seat economy class to SK:tongue: oh and don't sell nothin.... "He who Croaks with the most toys wins, Start collecting soon!!"

WHAT the heck is?????You don't need that big of a pit!???! Book her last row middle seat economy class to SK:tongue: oh and don't sell nothin.... "He who Croaks with the most toys wins, Start collecting soon!!"

Heh, it was her last attempt at trying to talk me out of it. As for not selling the other stuff, I'd have to store it somewhere if I don't. You're backyard ok? I'd have to come visit them whenever you cook something good...

Single, right? :icon_shy

Or will be soon.:laugh:

A little respect goes a long way. My wife never tells me I can't buy a new smoker but I try to do or buy the things she wants too. I try to limit myself to one big cooker a year. I can't spend all my money on cookers. I do have to retire eventually. Last year a new wedding set. This year she wanted a new deck in the back yard.

I am really surprised I got approval that easily. Usually if I want something big like that, it takes a while for her to warm up to the idea. Hell, she about had a fit last year when I bought the WSM at almost 1/10 the cost...

I do make decent money, but I am not rich and do want to retire before I die staring at a computer screen. Probably still have another 10 - 15 years before either of those happen. By then house and everything else will be paid off, so we will be alright. But I agree, I usually don't make many BIG purchases.

I have another 20 years. The house is scheduled to be paid off by then. Until then I keep putting all I can into the 401k and savings. I have one more kid about to start college and then we are done. That really puts a dent in what we can save for 4 years.

Ok, glad that works for you. If I did that, I wouldn't be getting anything, especially the smoker...

This post seemed odd to me...I just tell my wife I'm interested in something and she always says sure thing!

But hey....congrats!

I think You did well,You have a gifted Tongue, or your wife is just awesome
Now I gotta ask,
Can you do Great Korean BBQ?
Its some of the nicest food I have ever eaten.

I feel drained. Just got off the phone with Amber and Chris. Got all my questions answered and an invoice filled out. She will be emailing it to me soon and then I'll pull the trigger and they'll charge me the 50% down payment. The current waiting list / build time is 12 - 14 weeks. I needed a smoke after the call... :pout:

Interesting note from Chris. They have redesigned the plate / baffle that separates the firebox and warming box / oven. It now contains two pin wheel baffles so that the temp to the warming box / oven can be controlled by those. He says it allows greater control of the temp in the warming box. It's an unadvertised option now that he is doing due to many requests from customers.

I feel drained. Just got off the phone with Amber and Chris. Got all my questions answered and an invoice filled out. She will be emailing it to me soon and then I'll pull the trigger and they'll charge me the 50% down payment. The current waiting list / build time is 12 - 14 weeks. I needed a smoke after the call... :pout:

Interesting note from Chris. They have redesigned the plate / baffle that separates the firebox and warming box / oven. It now contains two pin wheel baffles so that the temp to the warming box / oven can be controlled by those. He says it allows greater control of the temp in the warming box. It's an unadvertised option now that he is doing due to many requests from customers.

Will they do this on an insulated firebox? 3 months isn't bad. Try buying a SF or a Jambo.

If I understand it correctly, the insulated firebox can't have the warming box / oven on top of it. You would need to ask them to make sure. From their accessories page:

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Upgrade to a insulated firebox for increased efficiency you lose the grill top with this option. Constructed from 2 1/4'' thick plates separated by high heat insulation.[/FONT]

Congrats. That is great. I hope to one day upgrade to a stick burner myself. I just can't afford it yet.

I hate to see you sell the WSM though. It doesn't take up that much space.

You could always buy it from me to add to your collection, then I could come visit it to make sure you are treating her well... :mrgreen:

Back