THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RibTips

Found some matches.
Hey Brethren, I am interested in purchasing a vertical insulated smoker from Humphreys in Maine, (the Pint) does anyone have any experience cooking on a Humphreys vertical smoker? how do they rate against other vertical smokers? any advice.
thanks for your feedback.

I myself do not have a Humphreys I have a Pitmaker. However I have friends that own various Humphreys smokers. From what I have seen of them they are excellent smokers. Solid as a rock and cook like a champ. I would not be hesitant of Humphreys at all. They are top tier vertical cabinets in my opinion.

I've had my pint for about 4-5 months now. You really can't go wrong with it if your looking for an insulated verticle cabinet style. When I was looking I decided that the humphreys line are the best in their price range. I have found that I enjoy cooking on it that I actually smoke more food than I ever had. If I had to do it again I'd still get the humphreys. My only tiny regret is I wish I had gone bigger. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them for you

Do a search here. You will not find a negative comment about Humphrey's. It will be money well spent.

I've had my pint for about 4-5 months now. You really can't go wrong with it if your looking for an insulated verticle cabinet style. When I was looking I decided that the humphreys line are the best in their price range. I have found that I enjoy cooking on it that I actually smoke more food than I ever had. If I had to do it again I'd still get the humphreys. My only tiny regret is I wish I had gone bigger. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them for you

how much do you cook on it , I'm looking the pint myself , hows fuel consumption ? I'd like to be able to cook 2 packer briskest , 3-4 butts and a few racks of ribs , is it possible , or should I look at going bigger ?

There is a Humphrey Smoker user form on facebook with lots of great people and info just let me know if you would like to join. Any other questions I am always here to answer them.

Humphrey's are phenomenal smokers!!!! Quality built and insanely insulated...

I have the Down East Beast and I am just as happy every time I fire it up as I was when I received it. 8lbs of lump charcoal gives me up to a 14 hour cook.

I was looking at a Backwoods Competitor which is about the same size, but the Humphrey's was about $1200.00 cheaper. I had a collection of 6 different smokers each having a different purpose. After getting the Humphrey's I gave them to good homes with my friends and family. A good smoker has eliminated my need for the others, I only kept a kettle for grilling steaks, burgers, and occasional chickens.

Go for it you will not be disappointed!!!

my only suggestion is to be sure of the size you want. It's easier to cook with extra room, than with not enough room. Think of your largest cook and add 20%. That is the formula I used and it worked well for me, but we all have different needs.

Last edited:
Humphrey's are phenomenal smokers!!!! Quality built and insanely insulated...

I have the Down East Beast and I am just as happy every time I fire it up as I was when I received it. 8lbs of lump charcoal gives me up to a 14 hour cook.

I was looking at a Backwoods Competitor which is about the same size, but the Humphrey's was about $1200.00 cheaper. I had a collection of 6 different smokers each having a different purpose. After getting the Humphrey's I gave them to good homes with my friends and family. A good smoker has eliminated my need for the others, I only kept a kettle for grilling steaks, burgers, and occasional chickens.

Go for it you will not be disappointed!!!

my only suggestion is to be sure of the size you want. It's easier to cook with extra room, than with not enough room. Think of your largest cook and add 20%. That is the formula I used and it worked well for me, but we all have different needs.

IamMadMan

Is the Humpreys a vertical offset flow smoker?

Back