How long does it take to bring your smoker up to temp 270° or above.

Takes about 45 mins or so on my 270. I'm thinking i need to invest in the weed burner. I'm using the royal oak briqs Academy sports brand and they take forever to light and ash in my chimney vs the KBB.

Got my weedburner and I couldn't be happier. Ready to go in 11 minutes. I started to warm the inside but wasn't to sure about that so I stopped. You are supposed to warm the inside, correct?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 117
I always try to start way ahead of time. My WSM used to be ready in 40 mins to an hour. The LSG Cabinet takes an hour. I could rush it with the weed burner, but I am usually in the kitchen prepping the food, so no need...

Wsm 22 & 18

Takes me about 30 minutes but it takes about an 1 hour till I feel the its burn clean enough to put my meat on it. :thumb:

40 minutes to an hour in my large stick burner.. Depending on ambient temps can be much quicker.. but Rule #1 of bbq don't rush it.. it is ready when it is ready.. don't be cooking hungry lol you will torture yourself lol

Depends on how I light each of my smokers. If it is just a few coals or starter cubes in my wsm, egg, stickburner, backwoods it can take an hour or so. With the weed burner it can be just a few minutes :-D

Ditto.
The fastest is the 22 kettle (half chim of coals damper barely open top wide open) coals set up for ring of fire. Almost instant.
Longest is my Yoder stick burner. About 40 minutes clean burning I've got it down to. But I'm still learning on it. It gives me time for meat Oreo.

From my perspective, the question is flawed. I don't care about how long it takes to reach a specific temp, I am only worried that it is ready before I am ready to cook. I generally start the fire in the Lang offset an hour plus before I plan to put meat on it. I use that time to get any meat out of the fridge and let the surface warm up a bit, get tools and equipment ready, and other prep items. I also am not interested in just pit temp, more importantly I want an established fire and bed of coals. When first putting meat in, I don't care if the smoker is 50 degrees to hot or too cold, there is plenty of time to correct that before the pork butt notices.

I usually get TBS in under 15 min in my WSM, but I don't light a lot at once. To get to 275 takes about45 to an hour.

I just put the meat on when I see TBS and let it cold/warm smoke a bit while the cooker heats up.

I am thinking it may have a brisket on top and bottom and perhaps bacon fat in the middle? Not sure I would want to dunk that in a glass of milk though. :loco:

I'm thinking a layered burnt ends-cheese-fatty thingy.
I've already got some sketches. I'll have something for the weekend.

Pitmaker Vault - charcoal alone will take an hour. I preheat to about 210 or so then light a corner of the coals in the fire basket. 275 in 30 minutes from there. Sooner if I take out the heat deflector.

On my 42" Deep South it all depends on how cold it is out side. When it's warm about 30-40 min. When it's cold 1-11/2 hrs.

Back