How long can uncooked ribs stay in fridge?

Cheech and Chong

Got Wood.
Name or Nickame
Dave
I took a frozen 3pack of IBP full spares out of the freezer and placed them in the fridge last Wednesday night. Couldn't cook them as planned on Sunday. They are still unopened. How much longer before I'm risking them going bad?

Thanks

There are several factors such as age relative to kill date when frozen, thawing method, timing in the danger zone, etc,, but I usually try to cook thawed meat within 48 hours. I wouldn’t wait any longer. If it smells funky when you open it, I’d pitch it.

Heck, check the sell by dates of cryovac ribs in the refrigerated section at the store. Those dates are longer than a week most times.

Cryovac keeps the air away which in turn preserves the meat longer. I think your good to go if they were cryovac.

They are IBP ribs. They are cryopacked. I will open them tomorrow night after work and cook them at 3am and take them to work. Hopefully they dont stink when I open them.

The bones will spoil before the meat does. I’d let your nose be the guide. From frozen Wednesday night til today, you’ll probably be fine.

I would not worry abd use them.
But use your nose ;)
And like others say, open the pack, take them out. Then smell after a couple of minutes.
Coppery smell is just blood. If it's off, you'll know it....

I will unpack and rinse cryo packed meat. If it passes the snout test after rinse, I'm good.

Back