Homemade pita, hummus and a bonus skirt steak

KClandcruiser

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Erik
I just picked up a new food processor and wanted to make some homemade hummus. I also figured that while I'm at it I should make some pita too.

Here's the dough after mixing/kneading

cU07OIEl.jpg

Let it proof for 90 minutes then divide and roll into balls

YExMMOYl.jpg

Then bake on a stone at 500 degrees and you get these

5nLCArHl.jpg

While that was happening, I mixed up a batch of hummus

GjkRVxWl.jpg

Then a nice taste test with an extra topping of some great olive oil

ZnKQljMl.jpg

After that, I figured I needed some meat and it was a balmy 8 degrees out, so I grilled some skirt steak and made a sandwich with pita, hummus, feta and skirt steak.

yr5qsQvl.jpg

Very pleased with how everything turned out

What food processor did you buy? I lost my food processor (attachment) when our Ninja blender crapped out and I replaced it with a Vitamix, and it appears they don't make a processor attachment for our model. I don't use them often but when I need one I really need one.

Pita looks good, seems like that might be an easy cook in my Ooni.

What food processor did you buy? I lost my food processor (attachment) when our Ninja blender crapped out and I replaced it with a Vitamix, and it appears they don't make a processor attachment for our model. I don't use them often but when I need one I really need one.

Pita looks good, seems like that might be an easy cook in my Ooni.

I got the Cuisinart 14 cup. Seemed like the consensus best option below the restaurant grade robo coup.

I think the ooni would be incredible for pita. I actually had some heat issues with my oven and stone as it only goes to 500f. I wish I had some more btu for that initial blast of heat and for recovery

Back