THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice looking herd there ! I like pigs when others keep them. LOL! Growing up, my grandparent's had a farm and they raised hogs, steers, chickens and rabbits. The first time we had to slaughter what I thought of as a pet, was hard. It got easier as I got older. BUT, I am not sure if I could do now. I know my family would grow attached to them. A friend of mine has a farmette, she said she would raise a pig or tow for me as long as I got her some too. They have a butcher that picks up the pigs at slaughter time and brings them back wrapped...That is the way I would prefer it!

He was bought with only 1 purpose to get the other 6 pregnant. I don't want to have to make sausage out of him, but if he don't preform his duties that is what will happen.

Back