Hi from St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Home Boy

is Blowin Smoke!
Greetings all.

I just found the forum and it looks like there's a lot of experience and information floating around.

I'm the Chief Cook of a rookie team called "The Southern Home Boyz". We've only done one competition so far, but we did pretty well for newbies.

In 2008, we participated in the 4th Annual Ballwin BBQ Bash in - of all places - Ballwin, MO. There were 87 teams participating and though it wasn't KCBS sanctioned, they did recognize it to qualify the GC and RGC for the American Royal.

We got two calls: 2nd Place in Ribs and 6th Place in Brisket and placed in the top quarter of the pack in both Chicken and Pork. We'd have done better I think if we'd played to the judges instead of our own particular tastes, but that's what learning is all about.

We missed the 2009 season because most of my team and I all got laid off from our bill-paying jobs and comps are just too expensive when you're trying to keep the electricity on.

But now we're all re-employed and I'm looking forward to the 2010 season. My hope is to get to at least two - hopefully three - competitons this year and look forward to meeting some of y'all face to face.

Welcome you will like it here! Where is St. Louis or the right side of the state? Oh wait I live here too! Nevermind..... Great contests in Washington Mo and one at the Mills, Herman and Pacific.... 10 years ago there were none.....

Welcome to the BBQ Brethren!
smiley-eatdrink004.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back