THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lewisc

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
_
Hi all,

I've just found this forum after researching some offset smoker builds. I've found heaps of info so far and keen on finding more.

After visiting a few local BBQ restaurants in Melbourne and then finding the real thing while road tripping through the states, I bought a Chargriller smoker about 6 months ago. Nothing fancy but it got me started. I did the usual mods and managed to get some decent results.

The first brisket was a little dry, the next one was perfect. I've done some chicken, sausages and had a go at pastrami (it costs a bit to get back to Katz's so I'll need to work out how they do it).

I'm picking up some 1/4" steel pipe on Sunday to begin work on making a new smoker. I feel like I've outgrown the Chargriller. I'm looking for consistent temps and a solid unit. Plus I enjoy the challenge of making stuff.

The journey continues.

Last edited:
Welcome mate, you found a great bunch of people in this forum.
Enjoy your time here and speak slow.:laugh:so they can understand you

Thanks. Lots of good info here.

I picked my first brisket from LaManna in Essendon which was mostly the flat. I didn't really know much about what I was doing at the time.

Since then, I've gotten them from Costco in Docklands. About $10 a kilo. It seems to work for now.

Back