Hi from Australia, Melbourne.

lewisc

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
_
Hi all,

I've just found this forum after researching some offset smoker builds. I've found heaps of info so far and keen on finding more.

After visiting a few local BBQ restaurants in Melbourne and then finding the real thing while road tripping through the states, I bought a Chargriller smoker about 6 months ago. Nothing fancy but it got me started. I did the usual mods and managed to get some decent results.

The first brisket was a little dry, the next one was perfect. I've done some chicken, sausages and had a go at pastrami (it costs a bit to get back to Katz's so I'll need to work out how they do it).

I'm picking up some 1/4" steel pipe on Sunday to begin work on making a new smoker. I feel like I've outgrown the Chargriller. I'm looking for consistent temps and a solid unit. Plus I enjoy the challenge of making stuff.

The journey continues.

Last edited:
Welcome, there’s quite a few Aussie’s frequent this forum. I’m from Melbourne too. Where you getting your briskets?

Welcome mate, you found a great bunch of people in this forum.
Enjoy your time here and speak slow.:laugh:so they can understand you

Thanks. Lots of good info here.

I picked my first brisket from LaManna in Essendon which was mostly the flat. I didn't really know much about what I was doing at the time.

Since then, I've gotten them from Costco in Docklands. About $10 a kilo. It seems to work for now.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Back