THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pstores

is Blowin Smoke!
I fired up the Meadow Creek ts120p and put some ribs and turkey on. Got a good hot fire with kingsford professional briquettes. Started adding wood and food got blackish. The cherry was on the large size. 2 plus times the fist. And I preheated. The hickory was little smaller than fist. So could it be the splits were to big?

I did have the vent closed further then I probably should have.... Trying to cook to low.they reccomend 1 inch open I was about 5/8".... I did open them up alittle later and as suggested left door open for a bit after adding and it was much better.... Thanks. For the help. Hot n fast from now on...

Start your coals and wood together. If you add the wood at the same time you put on the food, you are exposing your food to the acrid part of the smoke as the large chunks of wood catch on.Use smaller splits as well

Back