THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cbones62

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hi, my name is Chuck. Been living about 30 miles north of Denver Colorado for around eleven years, but learned most of my smoking and other outdoor cooking while living in Louisiana and Texas. I started on the original Cook-N-Cajun which was similar to the WSM, but not nearly as efficient. I do have the original cookbook that came with it though and that is a pretty good book. After that moved up to the real WSM and discovered how much better it was. But then I was living in Texas and felt like it was only right to have a nice stickburner. Had a custom beast built by a local welder out of large heavy duty oilfield pipe. I think it weighs a good 600 lbs and I have been using it about 15 years. It is in need of refreshing, and I am going to sandblast, paint and make a few mods next month. I’ll try to post some pics.
Lately I have had the urge to try out one of these pellet grills. After tons of research I almost bought the Green Mountain Jim Bowie, but I decided to go a bit nicer and picked up my new Yoder YS640 yesterday morning. I’ll report on that in a few weeks.
In addition to smoking meat, I enjoy photography, and making my own bacon, sausage, beer, and wine. After getting out of the Air Force, I was a policeman in Shreveport, LA for several years but decided to go back to college and I have been a hospital pharmacist since 1992.
Been reading for a while, and seems like a good bunch of people here.

Welcome to the brethren, Chuck. Glad you found us. It sounds like you have an adequate array of cookers, so you have no excuse for not posting some good cook pics. Looking forward to seeing them.

Welcome to the forum, Chuck, nice to have you aboard!
I have an old oilfield pipe smoker, they are heavy duty suckers.
Thank you for your service!

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Chuck, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back