Ron_L

Administrator

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Captain Ron
In case you don’t know, there are some Throwdowns going on right now...

Cheeseburger!

Chiles!

We were having burgers for dinner tonight anyway, so why not enter a couple of TDs? :-D

Captain Ron’s Hatch Chile Cheeseburger for dinner tonight!

Ground beef patty seasoned with Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold and chopped roasted hatch chilies mixed in, pepper jack cheese, grilled onions, Roasted tomatillo and hatch chile salsa verde, and roasted red pepper and Sriracha sauce on a grilled garlic ciabatta roll with a roasted red pepper and Sriracha aoli and Captain Ron’s Apple Slaw.

I started with the Salsa Verde. Tomatillos, green onions, a poblano pepper and a couple of limes heading to the grill. The red bell pepper is for later.

6_B902_D9_C-_EC7_B-46_CA-9_E1_B-5194_EF3603_D9.jpg

18_F62884-5912-4_FC2-_B1_BF-49_FDFA18800_C.jpg

9_CA8_EF56-283_A-44_D4-_B21_A-_DB80_E4_C10_F9_A.jpg

Once they were grilled the bell pepper and poblano went into a bowl covered with plastic wrap for a while and I peeled some already-roasted Hatch Chiles. After making the salsa I added one more Hatch.

F9336834-08_BB-45_AB-8486-_C3_AFAFE78328.jpg

Everything went into the blender along with some cilantro...

CD1892_B3-_DAE3-4_B0_A-811_F-_B4_FFC8_E238_BC.jpg

After a good whirl and some taste testing the Salsa Verde was ready and went into the fridge until later.

1798_FC2_C-_A1_FB-4_BAD-8_A02-2_B4578_D7_B512.jpg

Once it was time to cook dinner I mixed some 85% lean ground beef with Plowboys Bovine bold and two more Hatch chiles, chopped and formed a couple of patties. My wife wanted her own style burger so her patty is just seasoned with Bovine Bold.

767_C87_B3-_C500-4_DE4-_BC5_B-9253_F8980_F53.jpg

I failed to get action shots of the burger on the grill :shocked:. I was running late and it was dark by the time I got to grill them. I added some pepper jack cheese to my patties, because I could :-D

But, the finished product was great! I used the roasted red bell pepper to make a roasted red pepper and sriracha sauce and used some of that to slather the grilled garlic ciabatta roll.

From the bottom up, the bottom bun, butter lettuce, garden tomatoes, the hatch-studded burger patty, pepper jack cheese, grilled onions, Roasted Tomatillo and Hatch Chile Salsa Verde, Roasted Red Pepper and Sriracha Sauce and the top bun with more Roasted Red Pepper and Sriracha Aoli.

A9_E95_B53-02_F2-4991-9_E3_A-611_FC7_F669_D1.jpg

F2_FA7_A85-_E1_E0-469_C-_A3_AD-2_A45_AA906054.jpg

Last edited:
Mmmm.... I love hatch chiles. Hadn't thought of mixing some into the burger mix. Will have to try that next time.

Mmmm.... I love hatch chiles. Hadn't thought of mixing some into the burger mix. Will have to try that next time.

Two Brothers Tap House in Warrenville has a great burger with jalapeños in the patty, so I ‘borrowed’ their idea :-D

Fan-farking-tastic, Ron! We also haven't had a double entry in a while, great timing!

Back