Hangover Lunch

MS2SB

is Blowin Smoke!
Last night I kicked off the beginning of 9-days of vacation by marinating a couple of pork tenderloins in an al pastor style using pineapple juice, chipotles in adobo, garlic, green onion, cumin and coriander. I grilled them and then chopped for tacos. I watched my beloved Cougs blow there season opener against Rutgers and enjoyed 3 or 4 too many margaritas, leading to me being a little slothy this morning. When I finally got my butt moving I threw together a quick lunch using leftovers from last night and earlier in the week.

I started by frying up some corn tortillas

Then slathered on some leftover black beans from last night that had been cooked with a little onion, carrot and pablano pepper from my garden.

I reheated the leftover pork along with some leftover chicken, that I had slathered in adobo sauce and grilled earlier in the week for chili rellenos, in some red sauce consisting of roasted tomatoes, roasted hatch chilies, garlic, onion and a little chicken stock. I then put a layer of that mixture on top of the beans.

and then added some queso fresco

topped with another tortilla

then more beans and meat

more cheese

another tortilla

and then the coup de grace, a fried egg, black bean & corn salsa and a little more cheese.

Entry Pic

Now I need a nap.

Damn....I didn't even eat it (though I would have loved to!!) and I need a nap!

That looks great but not sure how it would be on a hangover with all them beans.

Beans are great on a hangover. Lots of fiber to help fortify the system. And nothing cures a hangover like a nice runny egg. Thankfully this was pretty low grade, nothing a decent breakfast a couple quarts of water and a little activity didn't cure.

One of these days I'm going to make myself drink enough to have a hangover
:))

Very nice indeed

Back