Had an idea for a chef's choice entry Need just a little help

Ok... Someone is a wee bit grumpy. If you don't want to give advice then don't it's not the end of the world if I don't hear from you. Like you said I really ignore you anyways. Seriously take a chill pill. It's food nothing more nothing less. If a pickle wrapped in bacon with chicken some chipotle raspberry sauce and blackberry preserves won last year I don't see why I can't stuff a hot dog with jalapeño creme cheese and cheddar cheese and wrap it in bacon. Really getting this worked up it isn't worth it. Besides hot dogs are an american favorite. Who doesn't love hot dogs? :^P

Who doesn't love hot dogs? :^P

Judges that are also getting some type of bacon wrapped seafood along side your bacon wrapped hot dog.

Hot dog is not a great idea. There's no wow about them. The idea at home sounds good, but wrap something else in bacon of you want to go that route and expect to win.

Ok... Someone is a wee bit grumpy. If you don't want to give advice then don't it's not the end of the world if I don't hear from you. Like you said I really ignore you anyways. Seriously take a chill pill. It's food nothing more nothing less. If a pickle wrapped in bacon with chicken some chipotle raspberry sauce and blackberry preserves won last year I don't see why I can't stuff a hot dog with jalapeño creme cheese and cheddar cheese and wrap it in bacon. Really getting this worked up it isn't worth it. Besides hot dogs are an american favorite. Who doesn't love hot dogs? :^P

I hate hot dogs. I think they are gross. And I am not grumpy at all. Take the advice that you got in the class that you took, and you will do well. Any single entry can win at any contest... not saying that your hot dog won't win, but I don't think you are doing yourself any favors. Just my opinion. You don't just ignore my advice, you are ignoring the advice that you got in the class that you took from one of the best cooks in the country! You can stuff whatever you want into whatever meat you want. It is the JUDGES that matter, not you. That is the point I am trying to make. Get two judges at your table that don't like hot dogs, and you are sunk. Think about it.

Yeah but any judge can not like anything. It's more like roulette you hope it lands in your favor. I hate pickles and I mean I truly despise and detest pickles but an entry that had pickles overwhelmingly won last year. It wasn't even a contest we all go slaughtered.

You called it roulette, not me. Best dish isn't roulette, it is making something that all 6 judges at the table you happen to land on like, a lot. Hot dogs won't cut it, no matter where you are. And, by the way, your wife's meme makes more fun of you than me. You are the one making a weiner, not me.

You called it roulette, not me. Best dish isn't roulette, it is making something that all 6 judges at the table you happen to land on like, a lot. Hot dogs won't cut it, no matter where you are. And, by the way, your wife's meme makes more fun of you than me. You are the one making a weiner, not me.

Laugh a little will you... So uptight. It just funny picture lol. Not directed at anyone really. If it was directed at you I would say something directly to you.
I know I called it roulette and not you. I used you in general sense not you specifically. Chill out my friend. I know deep down you like my hot dog.

Wrapping something in bacon doesn't always make it better. A hot dog wrapped in bacon is still a hot dog.

I would tend to agree with this. Hot dogs that have been in the smoker seem to change in flavor and consistency IMO. This may be better as a grilled entry instead of smoked. If you're hellbent on the hot dog idea, use the best quality items you can get your hands on. Hebrew National hot dogs are some of the best on the market. If you can, make your own bacon to use, if that's not feasible, find a butcher that makes bacon. It will have better flavor than the usual store bought bacon.

Chill out my friend. I know deep down you like my hot dog.

No, I don't. Like I said before, I think it is a terrible idea. Read what others say and take their advice... I know you wont take mine, but I don't care. The hot dog idea is disgusting. I wouldn't even think, for a second, to use your hot dog idea. I've made my fair share of lackluster "chef's choice" ideas (search bacon sushi) but I would never stuff a hot dog in there.

I would tend to agree with this. Hot dogs that have been in the smoker seem to change in flavor and consistency IMO. This may be better as a grilled entry instead of smoked. If you're hellbent on the hot dog idea, use the best quality items you can get your hands on. Hebrew National hot dogs are some of the best on the market. If you can, make your own bacon to use, if that's not feasible, find a butcher that makes bacon. It will have better flavor than the usual store bought bacon.

I am more of a smiths hot dog kind of guy but i will definitely check out Hebrew national hot dogs as I never have had them. I do have a bacon curing kit that I have been meaning to try but I have to go get a pork belly for that. Maybe this weekend.

No, I don't. Like I said before, I think it is a terrible idea. Read what others say and take their advice... I know you wont take mine, but I don't care. The hot dog idea is disgusting.

Ok someone is a wee bit grumpy chill out and relax it is food. I promise if we ever meet I will let you have a bite of my weiner.

Ok someone is a wee bit grumpy chill out and relax it is food. I promise if we ever meet I will let you have a bite of my weiner.

Can you read? I said earlier that I am not grumpy. Not even a wee bit. The last thing I want to taste is your last place weiner. Use the advice you got in the class you took and you will do well.

Can you read? I said earlier that I am not grumpy. Not even a wee bit. The last thing I want to taste is your last place weiner. Use the advice you got in the class you took and you will do well.

I am just teasing you a little. I am sorry sometimes I just like to have a little fun with people. Relax my friend and remember it's all in good fun. Although I think smoked hot dogs rock. I never stuffed them with creme cheese before but with bacon and bbq sauce they are pretty good. You are missing out.

I am just teasing you a little. I am sorry sometimes I just like to have a little fun with people. Relax my friend and remember it's all in good fun. Although I think smoked hot dogs rock. I never stuffed them with creme cheese before but with bacon and bbq sauce they are pretty good. You are missing out.

I am not your friend... yet. You'd have to earn that. It doesn't matter what you or I think, it matters what the judges think. Remember that. Just trying to help you. Good luck.

P.S. I am very relaxed.

I am not your friend... yet. You'd have to earn that. It doesn't matter what you or I think, it matters what the judges think. Remember that. Just trying to help you. Good luck.

P.S. I am very relaxed.

Well would you like to be my friend?

I appreciate the advice in all seriousness. I just sometimes mess with people. It is my nature don't know if you are but don't take it personally.

Just a pic of my smoked wieners wrapped in bacon stuffed with creme cheese and cheddar cheese. It is delicious although rather spicey. My wife says too spicey but I love spicey.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 148
Back