Guinea Pig 2016

BTW - what was the average size of the Pork Butts? I looked at my local WalMart and they were all in the 7-8lb range. Usually like 9-10lb for comp to get the bigger MM.

This is a portion of the meat list that was posted, showing the weights of each type that were in the coolers. As the numbers were rounded up/down, they could be anywhere between 7 1/2 to 11/12

100_0118.jpg

actually I dont look for the biggest butts I used to. I trim mine down pretty good. What I found with these and some of the competitors may chime in..SOme of the non obvious money muscles end up being very nice on these.

James and Jody spent a lot of time massaging and adjusting the boxes for equality. Some of the butts had HUGE MM's and so for the second butt we would put in on eof the at first glance smaller MM's. I Inspected meat and told the cooks..."you will be surprised when you trim it out..." And most found me later and agreed. Dont get me wrong the ones with the visible huge money muscles are awesome.

A good hint to to find out what day your Wal Mart gets their meat. Ours is Friday Morning early.

Does anyone think it would be a fun idea to organize GP events around the country that all lead up to a championship invitational kinda like the Sams?
Maybe the GP events could be qualifiers and the KOS (or something like it) could be the culmination. Just some random thoughts...

Look for exciting announcements with tentative events in St Louis, KC, Des Moines, Georgia and Virginia. Who can guess the people in each city that are signing up to make this happen a who's who in bbq They know what is needed.

Please please please have the Georgia one East of Atlanta.... we need more contests down this way :thumb:

Look for exciting announcements with tentative events in St Louis, KC, Des Moines, Georgia and Virginia. Who can guess the people in each city that are signing up to make this happen a who's who in bbq They know what is needed.

St Louis - tallest man in BBQ
KC - Rocket Pig
Des Moines - Iowa's Smokey D's
Georgia - The winningest man in BBQ
Virgina - The Professor

I'm hoping the dates work out just perfect and I can do the Guinea Pig midwest circuit. KC, Des Moines, and STL. :-D

all except for georgia...missed that one...but really Jeff Stehney from Slaughterhouse five Joes Kansas City and Kansas City BBQ Store, Tim Sheer from Shake and Bake, Blues Hog, and Gateway Drum (im sure Brad will help) Darren Warth Iowa's Smokey D's and Smokey D's, Tuffy Stone...Can you get better partners?

all except for georgia...missed that one...but really Jeff Stehney from Slaughterhouse five Joes Kansas City and Kansas City BBQ Store, Tim Sheer from Shake and Bake, Blues Hog, and Gateway Drum (im sure Brad will help) Darren Warth Iowa's Smokey D's and Smokey D's, Tuffy Stone...Can you get better partners?

You seem to be missing Chicago...

Bingo

Scottie show me where you volunteered...you are just a crocs wearing bandwagon jumper..hahahahha

Wanna do one?

Don't know if I ever heard him referred to other than by name/team name... hmmm... Since he is one of the longer standing #WCO teams, and bff of BPS, perhaps he shall be simply known as "Money" (thereby making Sherry "Sweet Money") ???

Clone. There is no substitute.

The funny part. You reference "Clone" in a conversation and folks are like, who?

Back