Grilled Stuffed Lobster

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Since there's a grilled shellfish throwdown in progress and my local Market Basket had lobster on sale this week, it's a perfect pairing. In the past I would use the gasser since it could easily accommodate my largest aluminum pan, but the gasser is no more. So both the Bubba Keg and Goldens' Cast Iron were called into service today.

Both Kamados up to temp and up to the task.

Lobster prepared two ways today. Bubba gets the chore of steaming the whole lobsters with corn and red potatoes. The Goldens' is put to duty for Grilled Stuffed Lobster Tails.

Preparation of the Stuffing ingredients. Scallops, shrimp, crabmeat. Butter, scallions, onion, garlic, lemon, parsley and Ritz crackers make up the remainder of the stuffing.

Break out the Lodge cast iron to saute the butter, onion, garlic and scallion on the Keg which was set up for indirect.

Add in all the seafood, Ritz crackers and parsley which then gets set aside once the lobster tails are ready to stuff.

Two lobsters ready to steam with red potatoes and corn on the Keg, prior to covering with foil. A bit of Old Bay added to the mix along with S&P.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the steamed lobster when it was done. Visualize the above picture, coloring the lobsters red. :wink:

Over on the Goldens', the grilled stuffed tails and claws are almost ready.

Plated shots.

The Grilled Stuffed Lobster Tail is ready to eat!

I also made some steamers, served with melted butter & garlic and cole slaw to go with this feast! We never even made it to the steamed lobsters, the Mrs and I were stuffed, much like these lobsters. We get to eat lobster again tomorrow. :biggrin1:

Quite the New England Lobster feast!

As always, thanks for checking out this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Last edited:
Thanks all. This was quite a lot of fun to prepare, even more fun to eat. It's been a while since I've made stuffed lobster tails and had to refresh my recipe memory with a quick look at a BBQ Pit Boys video.

It was good to see lobster prices down here in New England, can't beat $6.99/lb.

It's great being able to cook these outside, otherwise the house smells like lobster. If you've never made these, give 'em a go (provided lobster is available in your part of the country).

-Dom

As an extra bonus, the Mrs had bought some large mushrooms yesterday. There wasn't time or grill space yesterday to prepare them, so they waited until this morning.

What to do with them? Why, stuff them of course! Due to the weather here in Massachusetts going from beautiful yesterday to downpours today, this was prepared indoors.

I was out of scallops, still had frozen shrimp and some crabmeat. I popped off the mushroom stems, diced them and sauteed them in butter and evoo along with some diced celery, the shrimp and crabmeat, onion, scallions, garlic and of course the Ritz crackers.

These were baked in the oven and I've only got the one lone shot of them on the baking sheet right out of the oven, since I was bringing a few over to my b-i-l and texted a pic to whet his appetite.

Topped with some shredded cheese right at the end. The intent here is simply to show how versatile this stuffing can be.

Not the greatest of pics but you get the idea. And they were quite good!

Regards,
-Dom

Back