Grilled/Smoked Desserts

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Hi!

We need dessert recipes!!!

The next issue of Smoke Signals, the BBQ Brethren's magazine, will have a theme of desserts cooked outdoors. If you could share your favorite recipes with us, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to post here, pm me or write to smoke signals at bbq-brethren dotlikething net

Thank you!

Eric

Pecan Smoked Bourbon Pecan Pie - Bash Style

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186193

1D52A624-8DB5-4296-B82E-69B0018634F4.jpg

AC73580F-0FAA-4F86-989E-50085395B943.jpg

Recipe - http://live.charbroil.com/articles/bourbon-pecan-pie

I coat fresh peach halves on the inside with cinnamon and a pick of sugar and grill. Simple but easier than making a cobbler.

Peeps, if that is Curt's recipe, we won't be able to use it. Thanks though!

The recipes have to be the authors own.

Thanks,

Eric

Finally great outdoor weather has arrived and I got to do a couple grilled desserts. Stole the agave syrup idea from above, I confess, but added a new twist on the peaches. Also as pictured fresh pineapple slices. First about the two peach halves. Fresh large peach, Cinnamon, Agave Syrup, then a glob of Guava jelly in the center. One the pineapple a brushing of Agave Nectar on all with Guava Jelly in the center and on one of the pineapple slices Cinnamon. I got the Cinnamon slice. Pitmaster's obligation to test new stuff. I've had my sweet tooth fix for the week. The final pictures here are in total all original. I must add a thank you for the introduction to Agave Syrup from 93vpmod. One bit of advice in prep of the pineapple. Buy a cored and peeled pineapple and then slice on a home style electric slicer for flatness or do a better job than I did with a knife. Flatter slices will hold the guava jelly on better. The cinnamon on the pineapple was much better than just the agave syrup and guava jelly. One note about the ugly looking knife in the last photo. An heirloom handed down to my wife. Home made by her late father from a saw blade. Sharpest knife we own. Down side is they have to be washed and dried almost immediately by hand or the blade will need to be polished like ours show even with the washing.

Prepped and ready for grill on a moderate heat:
picture.php

On the grill, note loss of guava jelly on one:
picture.php

All caramelized and ready to eat, note missing slice :tongue::
picture.php

Last edited:
really simple but tasty, i've done open faced smores as a dessert before. just put some chocolate on a graham cracker, top it with a marshmallow and threw it on the smoker for a few minutes. it's a nice change from the charred hot n fast marshmallow cooks from a normal campfire and the chocolate gets really soft too. i don't top it with another graham cracker because it would be too messy

Back