THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

welding gloves for fire tending and a pair of wool gloves with black mamba nitrile gloves over them for food handling; the nitrile gloves keep any steam or moisture from compromising the wool gloves... the black mamba brand is hands down the best I've tried for nitrile gloves

Like stated above I use welders gloves for fire tending. But I use nitrile gloves for food handling, If it's hot I use a towel, utensil, or disposable aluminum pan to hold the meat.

I got me a pair of Ove Gloves (white and blue ones)...they are really great even with my hands an inch away from the burning coals....only wish they were longer to cover my forearm and protect it from the heat.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/out...51?color=Black&N=372370503&Ntt=gloves&Ntk=All

I bought these for meat handling. I do not recommend.

They are a son of a b*tch to get off, and,.. the heat will transfer through the glove much faster than an ove glove or other brand. But if your poor and move quickly, they will work. Just be prepared to cuss when trying to get them off on a hot afternoon after moving your meats around and they are nice and greasy. :mad:

Now,.....I never use them..... my hands are nice and numb to the effects cooking meats. Every once in awhile something is too hot and I do the idiot hand shake,.. but that just adds to the thick skin for the next time.

Worst burn I ever got was picking up a HOT CI skillet with an ove glove on. The part of you hand between your thumb and your forefinger is not protected. I had a huge blister, took a week and a bottle of tequila to pop it.

I got me a pair of Ove Gloves (white and blue ones)...they are really great even with my hands an inch away from the burning coals....only wish they were longer to cover my forearm and protect it from the heat.

Worst burn I ever got was picking up a HOT CI skillet with an ove glove on. The part of you hand between your thumb and your forefinger is not protected. I had a huge blister, took a week and a bottle of tequila to pop it.

Oh wow...that area is very sensitive!! So far I had decent luck with them and again I could almost be touching the coals and they are ok...just the forearms burn otherwise.

The bottle of Tequila is a great trick...may not wait for a burn to try it out :-D

I use these and they are great. Perfect for handling the meat on the grill, pulling pork, etc where you stay safe from steam and such. Cleanup is just like washing your hands in the sink so they are always ready to go.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Raichlen-Best-Barbecue-Insulated/dp/B0007ZGURK"]Amazon.com : Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Insulated Food Gloves (Pair) / 12.6" Length - SR8037 - Safely Handle Hot Food from Grill or Kitchen : Outdoor Cooking Gloves : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41kXPcbSusL.@@AMEPARAM@@41kXPcbSusL[/ame]

I get the long chemical resistant gloves at Lowe's for meat handling, and the leather gloves at Lowe's for fire work.
The meat ones are similar to Spyre's post, but longer and I don't have to pay for the "Raichlen" name! Very easy to clean, I just put them on when I'm doing dishes and use the washcloth to wash the outside of the gloves too.

Meat gloves are about $8.00 and the leather gloves are about the same price.

I use these and they are great. Perfect for handling the meat on the grill, pulling pork, etc where you stay safe from steam and such. Cleanup is just like washing your hands in the sink so they are always ready to go.
Amazon.com : Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Insulated Food Gloves (Pair) / 12.6" Length - SR8037 - Safely Handle Hot Food from Grill or Kitchen : Outdoor Cooking Gloves : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Thanks! I had been looking over the various gloves. Ordered a pair of these on amazon for $12.99 shipped. Not too shabby.

I will say don't leave em out with tasty meat juice where a dog might get to it, one ate the fingertip off one while enjoying the porky goodness that was on it before I caught up to his tricks. Thankfully at under 12 bucks it doesn't matter so much, haha.

Bought a pair of these from Amazon, not bad, handle the heat great, easy to clean, but a little bulky.

Yeah these are horrible. They stick to your hands. Mine are difficult to get clean. I got them free with an order or oa would send them back. I would advise against these. I need to look into a few of these others!

I just a pair of cotton gloves and covered with nitrile gloves for handing hot foods. Getting stuff out of the smoker I use a pair of fryer gloves.

I have a pair of these. They are okay. I have held a 450 degree heat deflector for a long time before it became uncomfortable. Cannot use them for handling meat since they are fibrous(aramid), and cannot directly touch coals or fire, but very good for handling cooker components, racks, trays, or chimneys. If you do have to wash them they take FOREVER to dry. (oh... and they sell as singles, not a pair)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Charcoal-Companion-Ultimate-Barbecue-Mitt/dp/B003FZAVZ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435262188&sr=8-1&keywords=pit+mit"]Amazon.com : Charcoal Companion Ultimate Barbecue Pit Mitt - For Grill or Oven - CC5102 : Oven Mitts : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51IObbkwzwL.@@AMEPARAM@@51IObbkwzwL[/ame]

I just picked up two pair. One pair of neoprene with what I would call real sized fingers..lol and also a pair of fire gloves...both from Bass pro shops.

I use the cheap PVC coated gloves (orange) that I find at Harbor Freight. They run about $8-$9 per pair. Clean up easy and handle the heat and juice. Note, this is for use with handling meat. Won't work for handing fire. Use welders gloves for that!

Back