THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CBQ

is One Chatty Farker
I'm happy to see some new teams going to Old Orchard Beach, ME - they should be at or close to 25 teams. It's an auto for this year regardless, as they only need 15 for that.

There is another contest in Maine being held after the cutoff for The Jack (9/9-9/11) - so it would be for 2017 draw along with OOB 2017. It's got a nice prize pool - $12,500, and the organizer is making it interesting for the teams with dinners, breakfasts, etc.

There is also a NEBS grilling event there on Sunday...another $1000 in prizes for that.

It's a a campground, so there's good infrastructure. They have cabins the competitors can rent if you don't have an RV.

Check it out:

http://www.greatmainebbqchallenge.com

The web site is a little misleading, I'm suggested to the organizer that they fix it. Sites are actually campground sites, and the large sites are over 40' deep, with many over 50' feet, but the shopping cart says they are 30'x30'. Power and water are coming from the infrastructure at the campground too, so no shaky contest power to deal with.

Back