THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blackdogbbq21

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Paul
I did a brisket over the weekend for the first time in a while. Overall it was taking longer than a typical brisket cook for me. Finally it started to feel like it was loosening up about right. I use my thermapen as a probe and that re assured me I was about where it needed to be. I couldn't help but notice the temp on the thermapen, and it was lower than i would have guessed for what i was feeling. It did make me think about leaving the brisket on a bit longer but i told myself if it's feeling right it's time to pull it. After a good long rest I sliced and served it, the brisket certainly wasn't undercooked. Tenderness was good and plenty of moisture in the flat.

Spending alot of time on a cook you hate to mess it up at the last minute. This was a good reminder to trust feel over temperature.

Back